Women’s Leadership in a Global Perspective Certificate (online)
An online graduate certificate program presented by The Center for Women in Politics & Public Policy at the McCormack Graduate School
This 18-credit graduate certificate program keeps the role of gender in politics and policy making central to the program’s design, goals, and curriculum. It offers six interconnected courses that provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the development of women’s leadership around the world. Offered entirely online, students can study from anywhere, while interacting with women from a variety of countries.
Women’s Leadership in a Global Perspective focuses on the careful study of:
- governmental structures and political processes internationally;
- the effects of public policies on women;
- the formation and implementation of public policies relevant to women; and
- the roles women have played, as well as the need for their greater involvement, in politics and policy formulation and implementation.
The courses in this program are designed to educate current and future women leaders on how best to address women’s issues and reduce gender inequalities worldwide. Through educational and experiential opportunities that reflect the cultures and values of each cohort of women from around the world who participate in the program, our curriculum will enhance the leadership skills and ability to influence public policy of each program participant, thereby preparing her to take on expanded leadership roles.
Each course emphasizes the skills necessary to be an effective policy maker, teaching students how to leverage their leadership skills to:
- advocate for women’s issues;
- influence public policies;
- gain access to public offices; and
- resolve conflicts at the organizational, tribal, local, and national levels.