Admission Requirements for the Post Master’s Certificate Program
Verify your eligibility to meet EEC funding qualifications for admission in 2013 and 2014 by completing this online survey:
Early Childhood Admissions Committee will recommend for admissions those applicants who present evidence of their ability to do post master’s work with distinction.
Such evidence will include:
1. A statement of purpose, clearly explaining the applicant’s reasons for pursing more graduate study in the field of early childhood and answering these questions:
- What excites you about this program?
- How does it fit into your professional goals?
- How will your participation in this program impact the lives of children and families?
2. Current Resume and Job Description to clarify past and present roles as an early childhood educator, Please up load as one document.
3. Distinguished academic record:
- a minimum cumulative grade point average in undergraduate work of 2.75, and
- a bachelor's degree from a college or university of recognized standing.* (*Applicants must have either a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited US college or university, or a degree which is in all respects equivalent. and a Master's Degree)
An official transcript from each institution attended (graduate and undergraduate) is required, even if credits appear as transfer credit on another transcript. Each transcript must be in the sending institution's original sealed envelope.
4. Three letters of recommendation.
5. Writing Sample; Write an original, 4-5 page doubled-spaced academic essay about an issue/topic in early education that you want to explore in this graduate program. Include a bibliography of the research/literature that has informed your interest in this problem.
Two major steps in application process:
Complete eligibility survey, data is needed for EEC funding considerations http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1087495/PostMastersCertificate2013
If you have any questions or need support, please contact:
Lynne Mendes or Lisa Van Thiel