Educational Administration Program
Students who would like to apply for the degree of Masters or Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Educational Administration should follow go to http://www.umb.edu/admissions/grad/apply for the general statement of admission requirements for all graduate programs, as well as the general application for graduate admission.
International students should read this web page carefully: http://www.umb.edu/admissions/grad/international_ga
Contact the program director (617.287.4026 or Jack.Leonard@umb.edu) for questions or assistance with the application process.
The application deadline is May 1.
The program will recommend admission for those MEd and CAGS applicants who present evidence of their ability to do graduate work with distinction. Such evidence will normally include:
- An undergraduate grade point average at the time of graduation of at least 2.75, as evidenced by an official transcript.
- Three letters of recommendation from people familiar with the applicant’s leadership ability and/or potential.
- Documentation of two or more years of full-time experience as a licensed educator, preferably a teacher, at grade levels K-12.
- Documentation of state educator license.
- Submission of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores (optional).
- An interview with the admissions committee.
Please note that all students in this program who are seeking Massachusetts administrator licensure must provide proof of a passing score on the Communication and Literacy Skills portion of the Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL).as part of the licensure process.