Faculty & Staff
Leonard von Morzé, PhD
- Associate Professor of English, College of Liberal Arts
- 617.287.6531 Telephone:
- email@example.com Email:
100 Morrissey Blvd. Office Location: Wheatley Hall,06,00091
Areas of Expertise
Literature of the colonial and revolutionary periods and of the early Republic; Atlantic Studies; independence and mobility
BA, PhD, University of California Berkeley
MA, University of California Irvine
Professional Publications & Contributions
BOOK REVIEWS AND ENCYCLOPEDIA ENTRIES
"Hugh Henry Brackenridge." The Literary Encyclopedia Online. Eds. Robert Clark, Emory Elliott, and Janet Todd. 2009. 4170 words.
"Virtue" and "Pierre Eugène Du Simitière." Encyclopedia of the American Enlightenment. Ed. Mark Spencer. New York: Continuum, 2012.
Review of Joselyn M. Almeida, Reimagining the Transatlantic, 1780-1890, The Wordsworth Circle (2012).
COURSES AT UMASS BOSTON
• ENGL 102 Freshman English
• ENGL 182G “Race” and Ethnicity in Twentieth-Century U.S. Literature
• ENGL 200 Understanding Literature
• ENGL 202 Six American Authors
• ENGL 407 Colonial American Literature
• ENGL 430 Literature of the Atlantic
• ENGL 483 Declaring Independence: Origins of U.S. Literature
• HONS 290 Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Boston
• ENGL 606 Print Culture of Early Boston (Graduate)
• ENGL 650 Colonial American Literature (Graduate)
• ENGL 652 American Romanticism (Graduate)
Book manuscript on charity and capitalism in early American literature
Co-organizer, conference series on "Atlantic Cities"