Other Philosophy Events
Philosophy and Psychiatry Discussion Group:
Jennifer Radden (UMB emeritus) and Elliott Martin (Boston Children's) runs a disscusion group in Philosophy & Psychiatry, which typically meets a couple of times a semester. Fall 12 topics included a paper by Somogy Varga's on the philosophical underpinnings of CBT and a talk by Louise Braddock entitled "Natural evil: Extreme states of mind and the disruption of sympathy".
The group will not meet Spring 13 but if interested check back in the fall.
An abundance of philosophy talks, events and meetings of various groups are constantly taking place in the greater Boston area.
Below links to various Philosophy programs, colloquia, workshops and groups in the area:
- A consolidated calendar of philosophy events in the greater Boston.
- Harvard Philosophy Colloquium (Harvard)
- MIT Philosophy Colloquium (MIT)
- BU Philosophy Colloquium (BU)
- Brandeis Philosophy Colloquium (Brandeis)
- Lecture Series in Philosophy (Tufts)
- WOGAP - Workshop on Gender and Philosophy (MIT)
- Boston Colloquium for Philosophy of Science (BU)
- New England Consequentialism Workshop (Harvard)
- BU Ethics Reading Group (BU)
- Kant in Boston - Reading Group (Emerson)