Faculty & Staff
Areas of Expertise
Corporate Finance, International Finance, Small Business Finance
PhD, Boston College
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Chakraborty, Atreya. “The impact of macroeconomic uncertainty on firms’ changes in financial leverage.” International Journal of Finance & Economics (2010).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. “The Relationship between Incentive Compensation and Performance Related CEO Turnover.” Journal of Economics and Business (2009).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. “Corporate governance mechanisms and performance related CEO turnover.” International Finance Review (2008).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. “Takeover defenses, golden parachutes, and bargaining over stochastic synergy gains: a note on optimal contracting.” European Journal of Finance (2008).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. “Golden Parachutes, Shark-Repellents and Shareholders’ Interest Some New Evidence.” Global Finance Journal (2008).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. “Termination Risk and Managerial Risk Taking.” Journal of Corporate Finance (2007).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. “Re-pricing and Executive Turnover,” The Financial Review (2007).
- Chakraborty, Atreya. “Lending Relationships in Line-of-Credit and Non-Line-of-Credit Loans: Evidence from Collateral Use in Small Business.” Journal of Financial Intermediation (2006).
Options and Derivatives, Risk Management, Investments, Financial Theory, Managerial Finance
Corporate Finance,Risk Management, Executive Compensation, Corporate Governance
Editorial Board, International Journal of Banking and Finance
College of Management Research Fellow, 2007-2008
Dean’s Award for Distinguished Research Award, 2005- 2006
Betty Diener Award for Teaching Excellence, 2006
Sloan Foundation Award 1998