Faculty & Staff
Areas of Expertise
Consumer Behavior, Marketing Communication
PhD, University of Oregon, 2009
MA, Washington State University, 2004
BA, Sichuan University, 2001
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Xie, G., Boush, D. M., & Liu, R. (2013, in press). Tactical deception in covert selling: A persuasion knowledge perspective, Journal of Marketing Communications.
- Xie, G. & Kronrod, A. (2012, in press). Is the devil in details? The signaling effect of numerical precision in environmental advertising claims, Journal of Advertising.
- Xie, G., Cavallero, A. P. & Cheng, M. (forthcoming). Reluctant for a reason? A persuasion knowledge perspective on green advertising. In L. R. Kahle (ed.), Marketing Communications for the Emerging Green Economy, New York: M.E. Sharpe.
- Xie, G. & Boush, D. M. (2011). How susceptible are consumers to deceptive advertising claims? A retrospective look at the experimental research literature, Marketing Review, 11 (3), 293-314.
- Xie, G & Boush D. M. (2011), Where to draw the line: Managerial implications of behavioral research on deceptive advertising. In S. Posavac (Ed.), Cracking the Code: Leveraging Consumer Psychology to Drive Profits. M.E. Sharpe.
- Gurel-Atay, E., Xie, G., Chen, J., & Kahle, L.R. (2010). Changes in social values in the United States, 1976-2007: “Self-Respect” is on the upswing as “Sense of Belonging” becomes less important. Journal of Advertising Research, 50(1), 57-67.
- Xie, G. & Lee, M. J. (2008). Anticipated violence, arousal, and enjoyment of movies: Viewers’ reactions to violent previews based on arousal seeking tendency, Journal of Social Psychology, 148(3), 277-292.
- Kahle, L. R. & Xie, G. (2008). Social values in consumer psychology. In C. Haugtvedt., P. Herr., & F. Kardes (Ed.), Handbook of Consumer Psychology (p. 575 - 585). New York: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
Consumer Behavior, Customer Relationship Management, Marketing Research, Principles of Marketing
Judgement and Decision Making
Editorial Review Board: Marketing Management Journal
University Research Seminar Fellow, University of Massachusetts Boston, 2011
Joseph P. Healey Research Grant, University of Massachusetts Boston, 2010
AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Arizona State University, 2007
Doctoral Research Fellowship, Warsaw Sports Marketing Center, Charles H. Lundquist College of Business, University of Oregon, 2007-2008
Merle King Smith Doctoral Scholarship, Charles H. Lundquist College of Business, University of Oregon, 2004-2008
Graduate Research Fellowship, New Media Lab, Edward R. Murrow College of Communication, Washington State University, 2003