Faculty & Staff
Areas of Expertise
Corporate Finance, Investments
DBA, Boston University
MS, Technical University of Lisbon
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Gao, L.S. “Disclosure of Environmental Capital Expenditures: Evidence from the Electric Utility Sector in the U.S.” Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 2011, Forthcoming.
- Gao, L.S. “Do Investors Value Environmental Capital Spending? Evidence from the Electric Utility Sector in the U.S.” Journal of Finance and Accountancy, 2011, Vol.7.
- Gao, L.S. “Portfolio Industry Strategy in Venture Capital Investments” Journal of Private Equity, Spring 2011, Vol. 14, No.2, pp. 59-71.
- Gao, L.S. and B. Iyer “Value Creation using Alliances within the Software Industry” Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 2009, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 280-290.
- Gao, L.S, L. Lin and N. Kulatilaka “Coordination Mechanisms in the Development of New Technologies” International Journal of Management and Network Economics, 2008, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 44-57.
- Gao, L.S. and B. Iyer. “Partnerships between software companies: is there value from complementarities?” Proceedings of the 41th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2008.
- Gao, L.S. and B. Iyer “Analyzing Complementarities Using Software Stacks for Software Industry Acquisitions” Journal of Management Information Systems, Fall 2006, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 121–149.
- Gao, L.S. and B. Iyer “Using Software Stacks to Explain Complementarities: The Case of Mergers and Acquisitions in the Software Industry” Proceedings of the 39th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2006.
Boston University, University of the Azores, Insurance Industry
Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Financial Modeling.
Investments and financing issues in complementary network systems, environmental finance and accounting.
2008 Joan Moon Undergraduate Teaching Award
2008 CM Faculty Scholarship Award