Faculty & Staff
Suhaib Riaz, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Management
- N/A Telephone:
- email@example.com Email:
100 Morrissey Blvd. Office Location: M-5-605
Areas of Expertise
Strategic Management, Organizational Theory, International Business
PhD in Business Administration, Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, Canada
MBA in International Business, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, India
BSc in Engineering, Aligarh University, India
Professional Publications & Contributions
Strategy (MGT 490)
Organizational change, institutional maintenance and change, business and society.
Interview and research reported in Public Purpose magazine of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, Graduate Management News, Businessweek, Forbes, Huffington Post, CBS-BNET, Canadian Business, etc.
Immunovaccine Inc.: Preparing to Cross the “Valley of Death”. Case and associated Teaching Note (with E. Korets-Smith).
Published in Beamish, P. Cases in Strategic Management, Tenth Edition, 2011, McGraw-Hill.
Ivey Publishing, 2010 (Case No. 9B10M072).
Harvard Business Publishing, 2010 (Case No. 910M72).
Strategic Leadership at Coca-Cola: The Real Thing (with G. Rowe). Case and associated Teaching Note.
Published in Beamish, P. Cases in Strategic Management, Tenth Edition, 2011, McGraw-Hill. Published in Rowe, G. and Guerrero, L. Cases in Leadership, Second Edition, 2010, Sage.
Ivey Publishing, 2008 (Case No. 9B08M040).
Harvard Business Publishing, 2008 (Case No. 908M40).
- Co-Editor, "Economic Inequality and Management", special issue of Human Relations.
- Co-Organizer, "Occupy, Economic Inequality and Business: Setting the Agenda", Professional Development Workshop at Academy of Management, Boston 2012.
- Reviewer, Discussant and Chair at major conferences.
- Reviewer for major academic journals.
Strategic Advisor / Executive experience at multiple organizations
- Joan Moon Award for Teaching Excellence, UMass-Boston, 2012.
- SSHRC (Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada) standard research grant, 2011.
- Udayan Rege Best Dissertation Award, 2008-2010.
- Highly Commended Doctoral Research, Emerald/EFMD Award, 2010.
- Highly Commended Paper, Emerald Literati Network for Excellence Award, 2010.
- Best Paper Awards at Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (2009, 2006).
- Best Reviewer Awards at Academy of Management (2009), Academy of International Business (2007), Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (2007).
- Professor of the Year Award (MBA program), Dalhousie University, 2008.
Sports - Squash, Tennis, Table Tennis; Translating South Asian poetry into English; Blogging on business and society issues