Nursing - Accelerated, BS
The typical accelerated applicant has
• A first baccalaureate degree GPA of 3.3
• A GPA of no less than 3.5 for prerequisite courses
Undergraduate Program in Nursing for Non-Nursing BS or BA
- Offered over fifteen consecutive months starting each summer
- This intensive option will include adult learning styles and combine online, blended and face-to-face classes
- A full-time commitment is required while attending this nursing option
- A BSN is earned upon the completion of this 15 month accelerated nursing option
Application Requirements -
Please Note - The TEAS exam is required for all applicants.
- Complete their bachelor degree in any field prior to the November 1st application deadline.
- Complete all prerequisite courses prior to the November 1st application deadline
- Complete the accelerated supplemental form
- Submit application materials prior to the November 1st application deadline
- Attend (in-state applicants only) one of our mandatory Accelerated Nursing Option information sessions prior to submitting application deadline
- Thursday, June 20, 2013, 5-7 p.m., Campus Center, Third Floor, Conference Room 3545
- Thursday, August 22, 2013, 5-7 p.m., Campus Center, Third Floor, Conference Room 3545
- Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 5-7 p.m., Campus Center, Third Floor, Conference Room 3545
- Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 5-7 p.m., Campus Center, Third Floor, Conference Room 3545
Registration for an Accelerated Nursing Information Session
To sign up for an Accelerated Nursing Information Session, complete the Online registration form.
For directions to UMass Boston, please visit Directions.
Other nursing program option
You can also choose our traditional nursing option to attain your nursing degree over four years and on a standard university semester schedule.
CNHS Graduate Nursing Program among Nation’s Best
According to U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Graduate Schools 2012,” our nursing MS program is among the top 50 in the country. Read More