Apply to Program
Criteria for admission to the Honors Program:
The Honors Program is open to first-year, transfer, and current students from all of UMass Boston's undergraduate colleges. Students are chosen according to their ability, motivation, and quality of preparation, using such credentials as high school and/or college records, test scores, and evidence of special accomplishments. Students with divergent or unusual qualifications or background are encouraged to seek a preliminary consultation with the Program Director (call 617-287-5520).
First-year and new transfer applicants must comply with the following criteria:
- Submission of a completed UMass Boston undergraduate application for admission through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. (For more information about undergraduate admission, including access to the on-line application form, see the UMass Boston web site at www.umb.edu.)
- Submission of the honors application for new students, including a writing sample;
- Certification of: (for new freshmen) minimum high school GPA of 3.2 and minimum combined SAT Math and Verbal scores of 1200; (for new transfers) minimum college GPA of 3.2
- Completion of a required interview with the Program Director. Make your appointment after completing the Program application by calling 617-287.5520.
Current UMass Boston Students must comply with the following criteria:
- Submission of the honors application for continuing students.
- Submission of a writing sample, usually a course paper of at least five pages. You may submit more than one paper if you wish.
- An interview with the Program Director.