Management of Aging Services, MS
- The Master of Science in Management of Aging Services is a national award-winning online program that offers students an advanced degree in the growing field of aging services.
- This includes long-term care, service-supported housing, community-based services, marketing to an aging population, and health services for those requiring chronic care.
- The program is geared toward professionals in the aging network or those wishing to enter the aging field. Students will broaden their perspectives and develop skills in policy development and analysis, program management, administration, and finance with a focus on the aging population.
- 7 required foundation courses (21 credits)
- 2 elective courses (6 credits)
- Capstone project (3 credits)
All courses include synchronous chats between students and the instructor weekly or bi-weekly. These chats are held in the evenings or weekends EST. They provide students with the opportunity to interact directly with their fellow classmates and the instructor allowing for lectures, questions and answers and general discussions. Students are required to participate in these chat sessions. This makes the online learning process more personal and enjoyable!
The Management of Aging Services Program is committed to providing an education that is characterized by:
- Excellence: The Program has been nationally recognized and was named the Outstanding Credit Program for 2008 by the University Continuing Education Association (UCEA). The Program was cited for its innovation and creativity.
- Flexibility: The Program can now be completed totally online. Students can determine how many courses they take each semester. Courses are offered in the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- An Applied Approach: The Program is geared to preparing students for positions in the aging field. All our faculty members have strong academic backgrounds and are also currently working or have worked in key positions in various aspects of the aging network. Students are prepared for positions in areas including:
- Elder housing
- Senior centers
- Assisted living
- Geriatric care management
- Nursing homes
- State and federal agency administration and management
- Adult day care
- Companies marketing to elders