Women’s Leadership in a Global Perspective, Graduate Certificate (online)
Earn a graduate certificate in one year!
Women's Leadership in a Global Perspective is now accepting applications for Fall 2013.
The final application deadline is June 1; early application is strongly encouraged.
Program Benefits and Student Outcomes
Networking Opportunities Across the Globe
By virtue of "meeting" women from around the globe online, students will tap into a global network of organizations, agencies, educational opportunities, and individuals and benefit from classmates' experiences within their respective countries.
Through educational and experiential opportunities that reflect the endogenous cultures and values of each participant in the program, our curriculum will enhance the leadership skills and ability to influence public policy.
Upon completion of the certificate, graduates can expect to take on a leadership role within the political structure of her country. Opportunities for employment include those in:
- Local/national government agencies
- Business corporations and international agencies
- Political entrepreneurs
Applied Focus and Comparative Perspectives
The courses are designed to educate current and future women leaders on how best to address women’s issues and reduce gender inequalities worldwide. Class topics include:
- Governmental structures and political processes internationally
- The effects of public policies on women
- The formation and implementation of public policies relevant to women
- Roles women have play and the need for their greater involvement in politics, policy formulation and implementation.
Designed for a Diverse Group of Future Leaders
Candidates for this program include:
- Women working in NGOs
- Women working as appointed or elected officials, including members of parliament
- Public officials