Make A Plan
Why start planning your future early in your academic career?
An early start lets you break the process into manageable chunks–to go step–by–step from the "big picture" down to the details.
Here's a suggested career planning time line:
- Contact Career Services (617-287-5519) to make an appointment with a career specialist.
- Stop by the Career Resource Library.
- Choose your major.
- Explore career options using Focus 2.
- Contact Career Services to activate your My Career Online account.
- If you're interested in spending a semester in a different academic setting, now is the time to consider the National Student Exchange Program or a Study Abroad program.
- Work with a career counselor on resumé and interviewing skills.
- Attend a career seminar.
- Apply for an internship or co-op.
- Explore graduate study options.
- Read the Career Services Job Bulletin.
- Develop and refine job hunting skills through seminars, coaching, and experience.
- Sign up for on-campus interviews.
- Attend career-related events such as the annual Career Expo.
- Regularly review job listings and continue to read the Career Services Job Bulletin.
- Meet with your career counselor as necessary.