Transfer Credit Evaluation
Credit for courses must have been completed at regionally accredited institutions of higher education where the grade received was at least a C- (College of Nursing & Health Sciences requires at least a C+), in order to be considered for transfer to UMass Boston.
Please note that:
- For the granting of all transfer credit, coursework must be comparable in content and scope to those offered by UMass Boston, as determined by faculty.
- Internships, practicums, college success, and vocational courses are generally not accepted for transfer credit
- Courses taken as Pass/Fail are not acceptable for transfer, unless the transcript clearly states that passing is C- or better.
- A maximum of 90 credits can be transferred from four-year institutions. No more than 70 credits may be transferred from community colleges.
- Some specific transfer credit policies apply by college.
- For the purposes of transferring credit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions may require that credits taken outside the U.S. be evaluated by an independent credential evaluation service. For more information please see the international admissions section of our website.
Transfer Credit Equivalency Guide
Established UMass Boston transfer course equivalencies are available for your review through u.select. U.select shows you which courses from your school will transfer to UMass Boston.
At the u.select website, you should:
- Choose "Equivalencies by School."
- Select "Massachusetts" for the state and then "University of Massachusetts" for the school (step 1).
- Search for the schools you would like to transfer credits from (step 2) and then add them (step 3).
- Select "Create a Guide" (step 4) to create your Equivalency Guide.
- In the Equivalency Guide you can sort by the schools' departments to see which of your courses will likely transfer to UMass Boston.
Note: These transfer credit rules are for your information only. You will receive by mail an official Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) after you are admitted.