Welcome Day for Accepted Students
Saturday, April 6, 2013
9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
Congratulations on your admission to the University of Massachusetts Boston! Now, take your next step toward becoming a UMass Boston student . . . .
If for some reason you are unable to attend Welcome Day on April 6, please visit us on May 11 for Admitted Freshmen Day.
- Get a taste of the many exciting experiences and valuable opportunities awaiting you at the university - and bring your friends and family along!
- Enjoy an opening welcome by UMass Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley and a current UMass Boston student. (Opening ceremonies held in the Clark Athletic Center.)
- Learn more about your major by spending time with the deans, faculty, staff, and students from your college—and join them for lunch.
- Attend workshops and information sessions, and see exhibits that address issues ranging from financial aid and scholarships to athletics, the Honors Program, and campus life.
- Check out the Resource Fair and explore the many social and service opportunities available to you through UMass Boston.
- Attend a panel presentation by current UMass Boston students for information about housing options.
- Explore campus highlights with a knowledgeable, friendly student guide on a short campus tour.
- Get ready for orientation and registration. Drop off your New Student Deposit (if you haven’t done that yet) so you can sign up for Beacon Beginnings: New Student Orientation.
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu by March 29, 2013.