Download the UMass Boston Logo, Fonts, and Other Graphic Assets
Download the UMass Boston logo, fonts, and templates for handouts and PowerPoint presentations by clicking on the appropriate links below
- PDF of the UMass Boston brand manual
Logo bundle: 2 EPS files, 2 JPEG files (blue and black), 1 PNG file.
For designers, we provide a Photoshop layered file (logo in vector format and fully scalable)
- a template for PowerPoint presentations
- a PowerPoint template with a white background (suitable for handouts)
- a Word template for report covers and similar documents, using Franklin Gothic type
- a Word template for report covers and similar documents, using Arial type (an acceptable substitute for Franklin Gothic)
- an 8.5" x11" blank Word template, suitable for a variety of purposes, with the sail motif at the edge of the page
- an 8.5" x11" blank Word template, suitable for a variety of purposes, with a border instead of a "bleeding" sail motif (an acceptable substitute)
- a generic Word template for letterhead, including the university's name and address
Please note: The Word templates include spaces in which you can place text that is typographically consistent with the brand manual specifications. The blue framing text is not accessible. If you want to add information about your department to the generic letterhead, please ask Quinn Graphics to help. After you have added text to a Word template, you can print it out on a color copier, or you can give the file to Quinn Graphics for printing. You can also save the Word file as a PDF and email it.
Two fonts—ITC Franklin Gothic and Kepler—are specified in the brand manual for use in publications and other non-web projects. The university has obtained licenses for a limited number of sets of these fonts, and they are being distributed without charge to offices that regularly do design work. Similar fonts specified for website use—Arial and Georgia—are generally available. If necessary, Arial and Georgia may be used in MS Word documents, such as those based on templates downloadable from this website.
If you need fonts and/or further information, contact Sarah Weatherbee in the Division of Government Relations and Public Affairs at Sarah.Weatherbee@umb.edu.