Annual Faculty Report (AFR)
Every year, faculty report their teaching, research, and service in their Annual Faculty Report (AFR).
The AFR for the academic year 2011-2012 is due from the faculty member to their Department Chair and/or Department Personnel Committee according to the procedures of their department by September 14, 2012. Additional dates for this process can be found on the Master Academic Calendar.
Beginning August 2011, faculty entered their AFR information in the Annual Faculty Report (AFR) instrument developed by Digital Measures, which gives them the ability to store, manage, update and run reports, including courses taught, teaching methods, research, grants, intellectual contribution and creative activities, in a secure, online environment.
We encourage you to use this Annual Faculty Report (AFR) tool and look forward to your participation this upcoming academic year!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: How to enter new records for 2011-2012 review period
Note: Your 2010-2011 records are still in the system as we do not “lock” down any information from year to year.
To create new 2011-2012 records:
- For the Personal and Contact Information and Permanent Data screens you can make updates and SAVE.
- For new activity, you can select the “Add a New Item” button located at the top of summary pages.
- For ongoing activity, you can EDIT 2011 records to update dates and status, and select SAVE.
- To limit data entry, you can also COPY 2011 records that are similar to new 2012 activity, update those records with new information, and select SAVE. For example, you may have an Intellectual Contribution where you only want to change “dates” or “status,” with all other information staying the same.
- You must select SAVE before exiting to create these new records.
For other updates made to the AFR screens and fields please see our updated FAQ in Training section below.
LOGIN to Annual Faculty Report (AFR) Use your UMB campus email address (firstname.lastname) and email password.
One-on-one training is available on an individual basis by emailing AFRSupport@umb.edu.
If you have questions or concerns while using the system, click on the "Submit Your Feedback" option on the left-hand side of your screen after you have logged in. A member of the UMass Boston AFR support team will respond to you.