Student Philanthropy Council
The Student Philanthropy Council (SPC/the Council) is UMass Boston’s first ever Student Giving Program.
The Council enables you to connect to fellow students and with alumni by supporting the UMass Boston Fund. Comprised of students who understand the value of charitable giving, members designate student gifts to a priority of their choosing.
Have a voice in the future of your university, by:
- Showing Pride – Increase the amount of money that goes toward everything that affects students every day, such as financial aid and scholarships, faculty recruitment, and lab and classroom equipment.
- Helping Fellow Students – Three out of four students currently enrolled at UMass Boston receive some form of financial aid – help to increase that rate.
- Making an Impact – If every student currently enrolled at UMass Boston made a gift of $10, more than $1.5 million would be raised!
- Strengthening Community – Join thousands of alumni who give back by donating to the UMass Boston Fund today, and help strengthen the UMass Boston community.
- Being a leader – Lead the way in ensuring a bright future for UMass Boston through student giving – and keep Boston’s only public university competitive and innovative.
Your participation will also enhance your resume and help you develop helpful connections with alumni leaders.
You will also be invited to exclusive events which will increase your professional network and campus engagement. It is never too early to show pride and give back to the university.
Your participation matters, not the size of your gift!
For further information contact:
Assistant Director, UMass Boston Fund
Top photo, left to right: SPC co-chairs, Abigail Croughwell ’15, Alexandra Mazarakis ’15, , Elizabeth Nappi ’15