Do you want to provide an income stream to yourself or your loved one for their lifetime and also give a generous gift to UMass Boston?
A life income gift allows you to do both! Life income gifts can take the form of charitable gift annuities, deferred gift annuities, and charitable remainder trusts.
Charitable Gift Annuities
A charitable gift annuity offers you a way to support UMass Boston and lock in a fixed, high rate of return in place of the low rates CDs and money market accounts are paying. You can diversify your income with minimal capital gains taxes. Rates are based on age, and range from 5.7 percent for age 60 (the minimum age) to 11.3 percent for ages 90 and above.
Deferred Gift Annuities
This can be an attractive option for donors as young as age 50 who may wish to supplement future income. Payments begin at a future date and you receive:
- A fixed income for life,
- A partial income tax deduction in the year the gift is made, and
- An opportunity to defer capital gains tax.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
Yet another gift offering a lifelong income stream and significant tax benefits, charitable remainder trusts can be arranged for gifts of $100,000 or more.
- Support for UMass Boston
- Income to the donor or a beneficiary for a term of years or for life
- Favorable capital gains treatment on appreciated assets
- Charitable income tax deduction (for a portion of the value) in the year of the gift