Gifts in Memory or Celebration
Named Fund ($25,000)
* Created to honor the memory of a living or deceased family member, friend, or colleague. It can support a scholarship, faculty member, college, or program at the university.
Full Scholarship ($250,000)
- Defrays the cost of tuition and fees for an outstanding undergraduate student with demonstrated financial need.
Graduate Fellowships -- Full ($250,000); Partial ($100,000)
- Defrays the cost of tuition and fees for an outstanding graduate student with demonstrated financial need.
Student Travel ($150,000)
- Defrays study abroad costs such as: transportation, living expenses, conference fees, and membership and admission charges for educational/research visits to distant domestic or international agencies, laboratories, libraries, museums, research centers, and other intellectual resources.
Tuition Scholarship ($50,000)
- Defrays the cost of full or partial tuition for one or more outstanding undergraduates with demonstrated financial need, according to donor intent.
Student Aid ($25,000)
- Provides assistance to an academically capable, deserving student based on financial need.
University Chair ($2,500,000)
- Recognizes a professor who is pre-eminent in his or her discipline. The annual return on the endowment, in combination with other university resources, defrays the academic year compensation of the incumbent. University chairs may be established in a particular discipline.
Faculty Chair ($1,500,000)
- Established to recognize an outstanding faculty member who is nationally recognized in his or her field, and is equally committed to research and teaching.
- Established to recognize an outstanding faculty member who has demonstrated outstanding success in research and/or teaching.
Assistant Professorship ($500,000)
- Designed to recognize an outstanding faculty member at a relatively early stage of his or her career who shows exceptional promise of outstanding success.
Distinguished Scholar ($250,000)
- Established to recognize an outstanding faculty member for a specified (visiting) period, or to achieve greater diversity in an academic unit when a permanent opening is not available.
Faculty Research Fund ($100,000)
- Defrays the costs, for example, of materials, publications, equipment purchase and maintenance, research assistants, and travel which are directly related to research in a particular academic department.
- Defrays the costs of brief visits to university campuses by outstanding individuals who speak at university-hosted events and may interact with faculty, students, and other subjects of their special expertise. Costs supported include publicity, program, an honorarium, transportation, living expenses, and special receptions.
Named Library Fund ($25,000)
- This fund supports the acquisition of books, periodicals, computer software and/or other materials at a university campus library of particular interest to the donor. Such a fund may also be used for the preservation of books and materials. The fund can be specified to any field(s) of interest.
In addition to the endowment opportunities described above, the university invites donors to consider more substantial gifts to name a college or academic program. To learn about these possibilities, please contact Gina M. Cappello, vice chancellor, university advancement, at 617- 287-5335.