Our focus is to empower kids to grow up healthy. Our programs offer a variety of ways to do just that. Our kids come from a variety of neighborhoods and experiences. They come with different, yet real, needs. We strive to meet kids on their own level, make them comfortable, help them adjust and provide them the programs that offer the best possibility of success.
This is the best of everything that GoKids offers in a structured program environment designed to address each kid's specific needs.
- Homework/tutoring time
- Nutrition education
- Fitness evaluations
- Supervised activity/gaming
- Much more!
Kids between the ages 8 and 18 are welcome!
All participants must complete our online enrollment process.
Looking for a field trip? Just visiting? We've got you covered with "drop-in" passes for busy kids.
- Single visit drop-in passes and packs of 5 "play passes" are available
- 90-minute session of activity/gaming
Fitness in the City Referral Program
At GoKids Boston, we strive to remove the barriers between kids and good health and wellness. Sometimes, the barrier is finances.That's why we have partnered in this special program for kids who can truly benefit from GoKids, but cannot afford to pay for it.
- This partnership between Children's Hospital and Kohl's Cares for Kids allows participating community centers throughout the city to refer patients to our center if they meet specific criteria for overweight and obesity.
- Each referred kid enjoys a three-month free membership of structured physical activity.
- Our exercise physiologist will develop an exercise program specific to each kid's needs.
Kids mentoring kids is perhaps the purest form of learning at GoKids. This program engages inner city high school students, first as apprentices and then as teen mentors, to serve as role models to younger GoKids participants. Fit2Lead is done in conjunction with local schools and other community partners.
- Scheduled workshops and activities help participants transition from apprentices to mentors.
- Workshop topics include anatomy, nutrition, the importance of not smoking, stress management, time management, body imaging, goal setting, college preparation activities, the importance of proper sleep and more.
- Of course, all participants also take part in various physical activities including personal fitness programs as well as in organized group activities.
For more information on GoKids programs, contact Carlos Salas, exercise physiologist at GoKids Boston at 617.287.KIDS (5437).