Labor and Employee Relations
Provides consultation and advice to university management, employees and designated representatives on employee and labor relations.
- Interprets university policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreements and applicable statutes and regulations;
- Identifies approaches for effective supervision, performance management and corrective action;
- Provides support for and trains managers in complaint resolutions and conflict management;
- Represents university in system-wide and local collective bargaining for new and existing contracts;
- Represents university in fact-findings, grievances, arbitrations, administrative reviews, hearings and unfair labor practice charges with various internal and external entities, including the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD), the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) and the Massachusetts Labor Relations Commission;
- Responds to information requests, conducts conferences with represented and un represented groups of employees, and acts as liaison with general counsel;
- Conducts outreach and training programs, and develops guidelines and handbooks, on employee and labor relations policies and procedures.