Payroll and Time Reporting Services
Oversees all university payroll and time reporting activities.
- Responsible for calculating and withholding appropriate deductions for retroactive transactions, administering payroll refund and overpayment procedures, and reconciling gross-to-net earnings for year-end tax reporting, and W-2 and 1042-S processing;
- Ensures that appropriate deductions (e.g., federal and state taxes, Non-Resident payroll taxes, retirement deductions, benefits deductions, garnishments, union dues) are set up and maintained;
- Ensures accuracy and handles processing of all student and graduate student transactions for appointments and job changes;
- Manages time entry functions, provides campus-wide departmental support as necessary, and reviews error reports and assists in corrections to time entry;
- Maintains all time sheet and summary reports for audit purposes, and reconciles leave accruals when necessary;
- Monitors use of time and ensures application of appropriate time reporting codes and receives appropriate documentation when necessary (e.g., jury duty, bereavement leave, voluntary services leave);
- Generates and distributes employee and student employee pay checks and pay advices;
- Provides payroll deductions for various university-related programs, such as COMECC and membership in the Beacon Fitness Center
- Conducts outreach and training programs, and develops guidelines and handbooks, on payroll and time reporting policies and procedures.