Goals & Objectives
The goals and objectives of the Institute for Learning and Teaching (ILT) are the following:
- To respond to requests from urban as well as suburban school systems for long-term assistance in areas such as in-service education, curriculum development, program planning and evaluation, or in implementing specific educational mandates.
- To develop and conduct special programs which utilize the resources of the UMass Boston community to assist educational practitioners in the metropolitan Boston area in utilizing new research findings and knowledge to address widely identified basic educational issues of teaching and learning.
- To develop communications and program linkages between UMass Boston and pre-university educational institutions, including K-12 schools, to identify, prepare, and recruit a student population that is representative of the diverse populations in metropolitan Boston.
- To continue identifying, recruiting, and providing academic and support services to Boston Public School students who otherwise might not enter college.
- To introduce school faculty and students to the resources of UMass Boston.