Email System Upgrade to Office 365
The UMass Boston Office 365 email migration has been completed. To access your UMB email, you should now be using the new outlook.com mail servers exclusively. The University's old SMTP, POP, and IMAP servers (email.umb.edu) have been removed.
You can access your UMass Boston email via the web at webmail.umb.edu.
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to many frequently-ssked questions (FAQ), please see our Frequently-Asked Questions page.
Documentation & Training
Setup / Configuation - Determine your server address
- How to determine the Exchange server for your Office 365 account
- How to determine the POP, IMAP, or SMTP settings for your Office 365 account
Setup / Configuation - UMB documents
- Configure Outlook 2011 for the Mac
- Configure Apple Mail for the Mac
- Set up a new profile (Outlook 2011 for the Mac on campus) 1.3 MB PDF
- Configure LDAP (Mac Outlook 2011) 298 KB PDF
- Configure Outlook for Windows (OnCampus) [pdf]
- Configure Outlook for Windows (Manual or Off Campus) [pdf]
- Importing a PST (archive) file Windows - Office 2010 and 2007 [pdf]
- iPhone/iPad Setup (automatic) On-Campus [pdf]
- iPhone/iPad Setup - manual or Off-Campus [pdf]
Setup / Configuration - Microsoft help
- Outlook web app help (general reference)
- E-mail setup help wizard
- How to configure your mobile device (smartphone, iPad, etc.)
As always, if you need additional information, contact the IT Service Desk at (617) 287-5220 or at ITServicedesk@umb.edu.