Asian American Career Development Workshop Series: Networking
Event Date: April 05, 2012 - 5 p.m.
Location: Healey Library, 11th Floor, Room 11B
Asian American Career Development Workshop Series
Please join the Asian American Student Success Program and the Office of Career Services and Internships this spring for a four-part workshop series designed to inform, encourage and empower Asian American students as they work towards their career goals.
Please RSVP to: AASSP@umb.edu
* Students who attend all four workshops will receive a Career Development Certificate of Completion *
** Food will be provided **
*** Plan to arrive by 3:45 p.m. if you would like some food. The workshop will begin promptly at 4:00 p.m. ***
April 5 Workshop: Networking
- Learn why networking is important and hear valuable networking tips from Career Specialists and Asian American professionals
- Develop a "30 second introduction" so you are prepared to introduce yourself when meeting professionals
- Practice your networking skills during a mock networking session
Please remember to prepare before the workshop (download this helpful guide):
- Business casual dress is strongly recommended for this workshop.
- Make your own business cards and bring them with you.
- Take Focus 2 and bring your results with you.
The Interview ~ Tuesday, April 24 ~ 4:00–6:00 p.m.
Healey Library, 11th Floor, Room 11A
- Learn important interviewing tips and essential skills that will assist you in having a successful interview
- Participate in interactive activities designed to strengthen your interviewing skills
- Practice interviewing with Asian American professionals during a mock interview session
If you need accommodations due to a disability, please contact the Asian American Student Success Program at AASSP@umb.edu or 617.287.3826 at least one week in advance of the event.