Northeast Conference on Public Administration
Event Start Date: November 02, 2012 - 10 a.m.
Event End Date: November 03, 2012 - 6 p.m.
Event Type: Open to public | Location: Campus Center, 3rd Floor, Ballroom
The Northeast Conference on Public Administration (NECoPA) is the annual regional conference of the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) – the largest and most prominent professional organization in public administration.
Who should attend
Join over 200 academics, practitioners, and students to discuss various challenges facing public administration and search for strategies and solutions that may help address these challenges.
Best paper awards will be presented to outstanding master's and doctoral students presenting at the conference.
The theme for NECoPA 2012 will focus on the myriad emerging and enduring challenges facing public administration during a time of change and present innovative practices and approaches merging in responses to those challenges.
- State and local fiscal management in an era of economic crisis
- Government performance management
- Challenges of contracting-out
- Value shift in our society – core values in an era of change
- Changing political environment and policy development through social media and SNS
- Globalization and public administration
- Anti-government sentiment and image
- Challenges of regulating the private sector
- 2012 Presidential election and public administration – outlook
- Information technology challenges and opportunities
- Legislative mandates and executive implementation
- Future of government –government bureaucracy in Information Age
- Redefining social welfare - preserving equality and fairness in a time of great income disparity
- over 120 presenters in 30 break-out sessions
- 2 plenary addresses
- poster session
- breakfasts, luncheons, and a networking dinner reception
Getting to UMass Boston; Driving and Subway/free shuttle bus directions to Campus Center
If you are staying at the DoubleTree Club Bayside, the hotel is located two blocks from the MBTA Red Line “JFK/UMass” station. You may walk to the station to take the free shuttle to the Campus Center. Or, on foot, it will take about 13 minutes (0.7 miles) to walk to campus.
Pre-Conference Tour to the Commonwealth Museum:
Thursday, November 1, 3-5 p.m.
Located right next to the UMass Boston Campus Center and close to the DoubleTree Club Hotel Boston. RSVP for tour as soon as possible
Notes for Presenters and moderators:
Please see the program to check the time and location of your panel.
Moderators Make sure one of the presenters is bringing a laptop to connect to the projector in the conference room. Volunteers will be available to help you connect your laptop. Please save all the presentation files in a mini-drive or your laptop (if your laptop is used during the presentation) in advance.
Presenters – please bring a copy of your presentation file as a back-up.
Poster presenters – please bring your posters to Ballroom AB-3550AB by 10:40 a.m. Saturday, November 3. Easels will be provided to display your posters.
For more information, contact Michael Ahn, conference chair.