MEMA’s Response to Hurricane Sandy
October 31, 2012
The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is working to start the recovery process as Hurrican Sandy winds down and there are still power outages throughout the state. The following resources and safety tips are useful and highly recommended even if the area where you live was not directly damaged:
- For non-emergency assistance and information, call 2-1-1 or visit www.mass211.org
- MEMA has provided Power Outage Safety Tips
- Governor Patrick declared a State of Emergency as of 12:45 PM on 10/27/12 and is still in effect.
- Search for current storm updates on Twitter from MEMA's Twitter account or using the hashtag #MASandy
- Get MEMA's smartphone app for Android and iPhones, ping4alerts!
- Visit www.mbta.com or follow @mbtaGM on Twitter for bus, subway and commuter rail service alerts.
- Visit www.massport.com for Logan Airport information
- Check MEMA's recommendations after the hurricane has passed
- MEMA's list of other hurricane resources
Additional information about Hurricane Sandy Emergency Information can be found at Ready.gov