UMass Boston Tobacco Use and Attitudes Survey Final Report
November 29, 2012
The Final Report of the UMass Boston Tobacco Use and Attitudes Survey is now available here.
Highlights from the survey include:
- Concern about exposure to second hand smoke, both indoors and outdoors
- Concern about a lack of enforcement of campus smoking policy
- Substantial support for a ban of smoking indoors
- Some support for designated outdoor smoking areas as long as long as they are located in areas that do not have to be traversed by nonsmokers
- Strong support for imposing penalties for smoking in non-smoking areas
Posted by Mary Ryan | Wednesday, March 20 2013 at 3:44 pm
I am disappointed that smoking (and other tobacco use) on campus is still so widespread. Please make UMass Boston tobacco-free!