Best Partnership Practices
Effective and sustainable campus-community partnerships have the following characteristics:
• Based on and organized around a clear understanding of the shared goal, objectives, strategies, timeline, roles, and responsibilities.
• Equally benefits all partnering stakeholders.
• Relationships grounded in trust, mutual respect, clear expectations, and shared decision making.
• A realistic understanding of each stakeholder’s individual/organizational resources, needs, wants, mission, goals, and limitations.
• Focused on partner strengths and assets while understanding resource limitations and internal/external threats to the partnership.
• Integrated assessment and communication loops designed to advance the overall effort.
• Growth driven by assessment results and continued communication.
• Seamlessly incorporated into existing interests, responsibilities, and resources.