- Gerontology Honor Society Event at UMass Boston Steers Students Toward Booming Aging Industry
Students in the Gamma Upsilon chapter of Sigma Phi Omega national gerontology honor society hold Careers in Aging event.
- Same Sex Marriage: Implications for Policymaking and Older Adults
Ellen Bruce, JD will present facts, procedure, and arguments as well as lead a community discussion on these pending Supreme Court cases.
- UMass Boston Researchers Develop New Tool to Measure Elder Economics
"Poverty level" doesn't tell the whole story, so researchers have devised a new way to measure the income older Americans require to meet their needs.
- Multicultural Coalition on Aging: 2012 Professional Conference
The goal of this conference is to educate service providers serving diverse elders on the Affordable Care Act and its potential impact on service delivery.
- Victoria Reggie Kennedy Speaks on Influencing Public Policy: The Role of Midlife and Older Women
Guest lecture at the JFK Library sponsored by McCormack Graduate School's Gerontology Institute and the Eastern Massachusetts Chapter of OWL (Older Women's League).