- Rhythm of Structure: Journey of a Political MathArtist
Join the William Monroe Trotter Institute for the Study of Black Culture, CLA, CSM, CEHD, CPCS, CM, and the Art Department for this talk by interdisciplinary conceptual artist John Sims.
- Opening Reception for Harbor Gallery’s “Defiled”
The opening night reception for this work by two Washington, D.C.-based artists is free and open to the public. "Defiled" will be on exhibit from April 7 through April 25.
- New England Native American Art Show & Sale
Third annual art show & sale on Dec. 8
- Photography Workshop with Award-winning Photographer Peter Pereira
Join the Harbor Gallery and the Labor Resource Center for a workshop with award-winning photographer Peter Pereira.
- Work in Progress: Workers See Themselves Through a New Lens
The work of UMass Dartmouth Labor Resource Center students will be featured in the University of Massachusetts Boston's Harbor Gallery from October 28 to November 29.
- Iwariwë Roundtable and Reception
Roundtable featuring Yanomami artist Sheroanawë Hakihiiwë - reception follows
- Iwariwë: Fire Comes to UMass Boston
Exhibit recounting the arrival of fire among the Yanomami people of Venezuela.
- Trotter Institute, Art Department, Team up to Showcase Art, Business Development in Upham’s Corner
On Friday, 13 students in the University of Massachusetts Boston’s Art Department will show off their work in three storefronts, two of them vacant, as part of a project to kick off an arts-based initiative aimed at revitalizing Upham’s Corner.
- American Indian Art Exhibit: From Wounded Knee to Present
The NAIS program has organized an exhibit of American Indian art to be shown at UMass Boston
- Roundtable & Reception for “From Wounded Knee to Present”
Roundtable with the artists & catered reception
- Fulbright Award Recipient Liz Doles ’07 Captures Sri Lanka through Pinhole Photography
In Colombo, Sri Lanka, UMass Boston alumna Liz Doles is taking in life and landmarks through an unusual lens: her homemade pinhole camera.
- UMass Boston Alumnus’ Documentary to Air on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Network on March 1
UMass Boston alumnus and adjunct professor Chico Colvard’s documentary Family Affair will make its national TV premiere on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network on March 1 at 8 p.m.
- Sunflowers for Vincent Reception
Come celebrate the newest addition to our Arts on the Point Sculpture Park.
- UMass Boston Cosponsors Boston Harbor Islands 2011 Native American Summer Festival
UMass Boston's Institute for New England Native American Studies is cosponsoring the Boston Harbor Islands Native American Festival on August 6.
- UMass Boston Professor Honored for his Work Curating Claude Monet Exhibit
Claude Monet: Late Work, a show curated by UMass Boston Professor of Art Paul Hayes Tucker, has been named Best Show in a Commercial Gallery in NY.
- A Walk Through UMass Boston’s “Arts on the Point”
Arts on the Point makes a statement about UMass Boston, declaring that this urban, public university is home to innovation and intellectual discipline.
- A Piece of Boston’s Maritime History Comes to UMass Boston
Relatives and friends of the late Robert Woodbury gathered for the unveiling of The Great Republic, an oil painting his family bestowed on the university.