- Six Beacons Qualify for NCAA Track Championship
For the first time in almost 30 years, a group of University of Massachusetts Boston athletes will compete in the NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field National Championship meet.
- UMass Boston Hosts 2.62 Mile Run/Walk for Marathon Victims
UMass Boston is inviting students, faculty, staff, and community members to participate in the UMass Boston Strong 2.62 Mile Run/Walk on Thursday to raise money for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (April 29-May 5)
Men’s Tennis Wins First Little East Conference Title in 23 Years
- UMass Boston Strong 2.62 Mile Run/Walk
Join the Division of Athletics, Recreation, Special Programs and Projects in an event to benefit The One Fund Boston and the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (April 22-April 28)
For the first time in UMass Boston history, all five spring sports teams have qualified for the postseason.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (April 8-April 21)
The men’s tennis team is enjoying an eight-game winning streak, which matches the longest unbeaten stretch in team history.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (April 1-April 7)
Tennis, baseball teams go undefeated in Little East Conference play
- Soccer, Volleyball Teams Receive Championship Rings
The women’s volleyball team, winners of their fourth straight Little East Conference regular season and tournament titles, had some company at the championship ring ceremony on Monday -- the women's soccer team.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (March 25-March 31)
The men’s baseball team (6-6) won all three of its games this week, including a doubleheader at UMass Dartmouth on Saturday.
- 2013 UMass Boston Liberty Mutual Insurance Alumni Cup Golf Tournament
Registration for the UMass Boston Liberty Mutual Insurance Alumni Cup Golf Tournament starts at noon; the shotgun start is at 1:30. The awards dinner is at 6:30.
- Leadership in Sports: Boston Celtics Captain Paul Pierce Speaks on Campus
The Undergraduate Student Government and the Division of Athletics and Recreation, Special Projects and Programs is bringing Paul Pierce to campus as part of the Leadership in Sports series.
- Celtics Captain Paul Pierce to Speak on Campus Thursday
Boston Celtics captain Paul Pierce is coming to UMass Boston on Thursday to speak to students about leadership in sports. He will be joined by Tara Mardigan, a nutritionist for the Boston Red Sox, and Bob Ryan, a columnist emeritus at The Boston Globe.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (March 4-March 10)
UMass Boston Senior Hockey Player Named to Phoenix Coyotes Affiliate
- The Week in Beacons Sports (February 25-March 3)
Hockey Teams Close Out Season; Men’s Lacrosse Picks up First Win
- Beacons Hockey Teams Advance to ECAC Semifinals
Both the men's and women's hockey teams will play in the ECAC East tournament semifinals this weekend following big wins in their first-round games.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (February 11-17)
The regular season may be over, but four Beacons squads are headed to the playoffs this week.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (February 4-February 10)
New Program Records Set at Little East Conference/New England Alliance Indoor Championship
- The Week in Beacons Sports (January 28-February 3)
Men's Hockey Team Racks Up Two More Wins
- Beacons to Celebrate Renovated Gym with Doubleheader, Free Food for Fans on Feb. 5
The University of Massachusetts Boston invites everyone to the official reopening of the Clark Center Gymnasium on Tuesday, February 5, at 5:30 p.m.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (Jan. 21-27)
Men’s Hockey Team Earns Highest-Ever Ranking in D3Hockey.com Poll; Personal Bests for Men's and Women's Track and Field
- Beacons to Bleed Blue and Pink for Cancer Research
Sneakers and Suits Game January 26; Pink Game February 9; Pink at the Rink February 15
- Clark Center Gym Reopening
UMass Boston students, staff, faculty, and the community to the official reopening of the Clark Center Gym on Tuesday, February 5, at 5:30 p.m.
- Inspirational Kids Give Boost to Beacons Sports Teams
This year, UMass Boston has partnered with Team IMPACT, a nonprofit group that aims to improve the quality of life for children with serious illnesses by matching them to team-based sports.
- Helping Hands Gift-Wrap Party
Volunteer gift-wrappers are needed for the drop-in gift wrap party. Gifts are being collected for recently homeless and foster children.
- Lend a Helping Hand: Participate in the 13th Annual Helping Hands Holiday Gift Initiative
The Athletics and Recreation, Special Programs, and Projects Department has teamed up with the Hyde Park Department of Children and Families to provide holiday gifts for recently homeless and foster children. Drop off a gift today.
- Beacons Hockey Team Ranked in National Poll
The UMass Boston men’s hockey team is off to a fast start, and their 7-2-1 record has earned them some national attention. The team is ranked No. 14 in Monday's D3Hockey.com poll.
- Women’s Soccer Wraps Up Record-Setting Season
The team, who finished with an 18-3 record after a first-round NCAA tournament loss to Ithaca College, set program records for wins, conference wins (6), and goals scored (70).
- Clark Gym Reopened
The Clark Athletic Center Gymnasium has reopened after undergoing an eight-month renovation.
- TODAY: Basketball Doubleheader in Renovated Clark Center Gym
Men's Team Tips Off at 5:30 p.m. vs. Suffolk; Women Follow at 7:30
- Beacons Volleyball Falls to CNU; Matches Best-Ever NCAA Finish
The University of Massachusetts Boston women’s volleyball team won their first set against the 2011 national runner-ups, and battled to a tie late in the fourth set before losing their NCAA quarterfinal match, 3-1, to Christopher Newport University on Thursday.
- Fight Hunger: Athletics Teams Want Your Old Keys
Keys collected around the UMass Boston campus this year will be melted down and sold as scrap metal, with all proceeds going to the U-ACCESS food pantry.
- Women’s Soccer, Volleyball Teams Win LEC Championship Games
Both the women’s soccer team and volleyball teams will be taking part in the NCAA Division III tournament. This will be the soccer team's first tournament appearance.
- UMass Boston Sports Teams Make School History in LEC Tourney
For the first time in the history of University of Massachusetts Boston athletics, two sports teams are competing in the Little East Conference Tournament as No. 1 seeds.
- Women’s Soccer Team Earns First-Ever Spot in Regional Poll
The Beacons are now in sole position of the Little East Conference. This is the first time the team has been in this position this late in the season.
- Nine Athletes, Basketball Club Team to be Inducted into Hall of Fame Thursday
Proceeds from ticket sales for Thursday's banquet will help fund an interactive Hall of Fame display wall in the Clark Athletic Center.
- 2012 Welcome Week Events: September 4
Start the semester with a free snack before class, then come out and support the men's soccer team. Free hot dogs, hamburgers, and drinks are available for the first 100 spectators.
- Beacons Volleyball Team Earns Highest-Ever Preseason Ranking
UMass Boston’s volleyball team made team history this month when the American Volleyball Coaches Association ranked them No. 16 out of 485 squads.
- UMass Boston Soccer Player to Compete in 2013 East Asian Cup
Midfielder Reyn Johnson to represent his native Guam in international competition
- UMass Boston’s 26th Annual Golf Tournment Helps Support Student-Athletes and Area Youth
The 26th Annual UMass Boston Golf Classic will tee off Monday, July 9 at 7:30 a.m. at the Granite Links Golf Course in Quincy, Massachusetts, as alumni, students, faculty, and even state representatives come to play, win awards, and fundraise for the Division of Athletics and Recreation.
- Freshman High Jumper to Represent UMass Boston at National NCAA Meet
High jumper Carl Joseph will represent UMass Boston Friday at the 2012 NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Claremont, California.
- Freshman Pitcher Throws First No-Hitter in UMass Boston History
UMass Boston pitcher Kyle Szatrowski threw the first no-hitter in UMass Boston program history in his third start on the mound.
- UMass Boston Basketball Team Shares Skills with Local Youth
UMass Boston’s Office of Community Relations worked with Head Coach and Vice Chancellor for Athletics and Recreation Charlie Titus to bring the men’s basketball team to the Grove Hall Community Center for an afternoon.
- UMass Boston Senior Receives Prestigious Hockey Award
Senior Jim Ennis is the first hockey player to receive the 2012 Eastern Mass Hockey Officials Association J. Thom Lawler Award in UMass Boston history.
- Women’s Volleyball Team Receives 2011 Championship Rings
For the third year in a row, the University of Massachusetts Boston women's volleyball team received championship rings for its efforts.
- Office of Community Relations Helps Make Skating Dreams Comes True
UMass Boston's Office of Community Relations arranged for students at Lawrence Family Development Charter School to be able to have an afternoon of skating at the Clark Athletic Center.
- Pink at the Rink Brings in Record Amount of Donations
UMass Boston’s men’s and women’s ice hockey teams collected a record $700 at Saturday’s fifth annual Pink at the Rink fundraiser at the Clark Athletic Center.
- Former Olympian Marion Jones Tells UMass Boston Students to Take a Break
Jones spoke to UMass Boston students, faculty, and staff about stepping back and thinking through the consequences of their actions at a talk on Friday, Dec. 9.
- UMass Boston to Host Beacon Tailgate Party on Saturday
UMass Boston will host a Beacon Tailgate Party at the Clark Athletic Center on Saturday, December 10, beginning at 1 p.m. as the men's and women's basketball teams take on Keene State.
- Beacon Tailgate Party: Basketball
The University of Massachusetts Boston will host its second Beacon Tailgate Party at the Clark Athletic Center on Saturday, December 10.
- UMass Boston Volleyball Team Wins Third Little East Championship
UMass Boston's women’s volleyball team will face Polytechnic Institute of New York University in the first round of the NCAA Division III tournament.
- Beacons Volleyball Closes Out Conference Play with 3-0 Win, Moves to LEC Tournament
In their final regular season home match of 2011, the 18th ranked Beacons gave senior members Molly Rattigan and Cassy Hanneman the best type of a gift, a conference win as they defeated the visiting Owls of Keene State College.
- Seven Inducted into UMass Boston/Boston State College Hall of Fame
Steven Burns, John “Gabby” Douglas, Alfreda Harris, Paul Murphy, Raymond O’Malley, Joshua Stolp, and Dan Rea were inducted into the Hall of Fame on October 13, 2011.
- UMass Boston/Boston State College to Induct Seven into Hall of Fame
UMass Boston will induct six UMass Boston and Boston State College alumni and a former women’s basketball coach into the Hall of Fame on October 13, 2011.
- Ninth Annual Hall of Fame Banquet
Join us Oct. 13 to celebrate the 2011 Class of the UMass Boston/Boston State College Hall of Fame.
- Women’s Volleyball Team Receives 2010 Championship Rings
The UMass Boston women's volleyball team capped off their best season in university history at their 2010 championship ring ceremony.
- UMass Boston Women’s Volleyball Captures Second Consecutive LEC Championship
The UMass Boston women’s volleyball team defeated Keene State College, 3-1, to capture the 2010 Little East Conference Championship.
- UMass Boston Beacons Baseball Team Receives Championship Rings
The UMass Boston Beacons baseball team capped off their team's best season in university history when they received their championship rings.
- UMass Boston Continues Its Work To Bring Basketball To Africa’s Youth
Vice Chancellor for Athletics, Recreation, Special Programs and Projects Charlie Titus traveled to Senegal to run basketball clinics as part of the Youth Education and Sports (YES) with Africa initiative.
- Student-athletes Give Their All, Both On and Off the Field
Social responsibility is in the athletic department mission statement. A closer look reveals how hard every team works to make the community a better place.
- Fourth-Line Freshman to Senior Superstar
After a frustrating year at New England College, hockey player Maria Nasta, now a senior, decided to transfer to UMass Boston, where she has been a three-time A
- This Beacon Shines from Guam to Boston
Through eight games, freshman Reyn Johnson leads the Beacons and the Little East Conference with four assists.