- The Week in Beacons Sports (May 6-12)
A 5-2 loss to Skidmore College in the NCAA Tournament ends the best-ever season for men's tennis at UMass Boston
- The Week in Beacons Sports (April 29-May 5)
Men’s Tennis Wins First Little East Conference Title in 23 Years
- The Week in Beacons Sports (April 22-April 28)
For the first time in UMass Boston history, all five spring sports teams have qualified for the postseason.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (April 8-April 21)
The men’s tennis team is enjoying an eight-game winning streak, which matches the longest unbeaten stretch in team history.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (April 1-April 7)
Tennis, baseball teams go undefeated in Little East Conference play
- Soccer, Volleyball Teams Receive Championship Rings
The women’s volleyball team, winners of their fourth straight Little East Conference regular season and tournament titles, had some company at the championship ring ceremony on Monday -- the women's soccer team.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (March 25-March 31)
The men’s baseball team (6-6) won all three of its games this week, including a doubleheader at UMass Dartmouth on Saturday.
- Beacons Hockey Teams Advance to ECAC Semifinals
Both the men's and women's hockey teams will play in the ECAC East tournament semifinals this weekend following big wins in their first-round games.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (February 11-17)
The regular season may be over, but four Beacons squads are headed to the playoffs this week.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (February 4-February 10)
New Program Records Set at Little East Conference/New England Alliance Indoor Championship
- The Week in Beacons Sports (January 28-February 3)
Men's Hockey Team Racks Up Two More Wins
- Beacons to Celebrate Renovated Gym with Doubleheader, Free Food for Fans on Feb. 5
The University of Massachusetts Boston invites everyone to the official reopening of the Clark Center Gymnasium on Tuesday, February 5, at 5:30 p.m.
- Beacons to Bleed Blue and Pink for Cancer Research
Sneakers and Suits Game January 26; Pink Game February 9; Pink at the Rink February 15
- Clark Center Gym Reopening
UMass Boston students, staff, faculty, and the community to the official reopening of the Clark Center Gym on Tuesday, February 5, at 5:30 p.m.
- Inspirational Kids Give Boost to Beacons Sports Teams
This year, UMass Boston has partnered with Team IMPACT, a nonprofit group that aims to improve the quality of life for children with serious illnesses by matching them to team-based sports.
- Beacons Hockey Team Ranked in National Poll
The UMass Boston men’s hockey team is off to a fast start, and their 7-2-1 record has earned them some national attention. The team is ranked No. 14 in Monday's D3Hockey.com poll.
- Women’s Soccer Wraps Up Record-Setting Season
The team, who finished with an 18-3 record after a first-round NCAA tournament loss to Ithaca College, set program records for wins, conference wins (6), and goals scored (70).
- TODAY: Basketball Doubleheader in Renovated Clark Center Gym
Men's Team Tips Off at 5:30 p.m. vs. Suffolk; Women Follow at 7:30
- Beacons Volleyball Falls to CNU; Matches Best-Ever NCAA Finish
The University of Massachusetts Boston women’s volleyball team won their first set against the 2011 national runner-ups, and battled to a tie late in the fourth set before losing their NCAA quarterfinal match, 3-1, to Christopher Newport University on Thursday.
- Women’s Volleyball Team Wins NCAA Regional; Advances to Elite Eight
UMass Boston Spikers Make NCAA Quarterfinals; Women's Soccer Falls to Ithaca College
- Fight Hunger: Athletics Teams Want Your Old Keys
Keys collected around the UMass Boston campus this year will be melted down and sold as scrap metal, with all proceeds going to the U-ACCESS food pantry.
- Women’s Soccer, Volleyball Teams Win LEC Championship Games
Both the women’s soccer team and volleyball teams will be taking part in the NCAA Division III tournament. This will be the soccer team's first tournament appearance.
- UMass Boston Sports Teams Make School History in LEC Tourney
For the first time in the history of University of Massachusetts Boston athletics, two sports teams are competing in the Little East Conference Tournament as No. 1 seeds.
- Women’s Soccer Team Earns First-Ever Spot in Regional Poll
The Beacons are now in sole position of the Little East Conference. This is the first time the team has been in this position this late in the season.
- Nine Athletes, Basketball Club Team to be Inducted into Hall of Fame Thursday
Proceeds from ticket sales for Thursday's banquet will help fund an interactive Hall of Fame display wall in the Clark Athletic Center.
- 2012 Welcome Week Events: September 4
Start the semester with a free snack before class, then come out and support the men's soccer team. Free hot dogs, hamburgers, and drinks are available for the first 100 spectators.
- Beacons Volleyball Team Earns Highest-Ever Preseason Ranking
UMass Boston’s volleyball team made team history this month when the American Volleyball Coaches Association ranked them No. 16 out of 485 squads.
- Freshman High Jumper to Represent UMass Boston at National NCAA Meet
High jumper Carl Joseph will represent UMass Boston Friday at the 2012 NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Claremont, California.
- Freshman Pitcher Throws First No-Hitter in UMass Boston History
UMass Boston pitcher Kyle Szatrowski threw the first no-hitter in UMass Boston program history in his third start on the mound.
- UMass Boston Senior Receives Prestigious Hockey Award
Senior Jim Ennis is the first hockey player to receive the 2012 Eastern Mass Hockey Officials Association J. Thom Lawler Award in UMass Boston history.
- Office of Community Relations Helps Make Skating Dreams Comes True
UMass Boston's Office of Community Relations arranged for students at Lawrence Family Development Charter School to be able to have an afternoon of skating at the Clark Athletic Center.
- Pink at the Rink Brings in Record Amount of Donations
UMass Boston’s men’s and women’s ice hockey teams collected a record $700 at Saturday’s fifth annual Pink at the Rink fundraiser at the Clark Athletic Center.
- UMass Boston to Host Beacon Tailgate Party on Saturday
UMass Boston will host a Beacon Tailgate Party at the Clark Athletic Center on Saturday, December 10, beginning at 1 p.m. as the men's and women's basketball teams take on Keene State.
- Beacon Tailgate Party: Basketball
The University of Massachusetts Boston will host its second Beacon Tailgate Party at the Clark Athletic Center on Saturday, December 10.
- UMass Boston Volleyball Team Wins Third Little East Championship
UMass Boston's women’s volleyball team will face Polytechnic Institute of New York University in the first round of the NCAA Division III tournament.
- Seven Inducted into UMass Boston/Boston State College Hall of Fame
Steven Burns, John “Gabby” Douglas, Alfreda Harris, Paul Murphy, Raymond O’Malley, Joshua Stolp, and Dan Rea were inducted into the Hall of Fame on October 13, 2011.
- UMass Boston/Boston State College to Induct Seven into Hall of Fame
UMass Boston will induct six UMass Boston and Boston State College alumni and a former women’s basketball coach into the Hall of Fame on October 13, 2011.
- Fourth-Line Freshman to Senior Superstar
After a frustrating year at New England College, hockey player Maria Nasta, now a senior, decided to transfer to UMass Boston, where she has been a three-time A
- This Beacon Shines from Guam to Boston
Through eight games, freshman Reyn Johnson leads the Beacons and the Little East Conference with four assists.