- UMass Boston Hosting Three-Hour Tall Ship Cruises
UMass Boston’s Marine Operations is offering three-hour narrated cruises aboard the M/V Columbia Point, giving passengers an up close view of the Tall Ships and visiting naval ships in the port of Boston for the city’s July 4 celebration.
- Film Screening: Can We Talk- Learning for Boston’s Busing/Desegregation Crisis
UMass Boston's Trotter Institute and Healey Library will screen the film Can We Talk- Learning for Boston’s Busing/Desegregation Crisis.
- College of Management Featured in The Princeton Review’s “Best 294 Business Schools: 2012 Edition”
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston is an outstanding business school, according to The Princeton Review.
- UMass Boston Partners with FUEL to Send More Low-Income Students to College
The University of Massachusetts Boston and Families United in Educational Leadership (FUEL) announced a partnership today that will further promote their mission of college access for all deserving students by providing full scholarship opportunities to qualified FUEL participants.
- Nantucket Field Station Announces New Friends Organization to Promote Research, Public Outreach
The UMass Boston Nantucket Field Station announces the creation of the Friends of Nantucket Field Station.
- BATEC Wins $5 Million Grant from National Science Foundation
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded a $5 million four-year grant to BATEC, a regional leader in IT education reform housed within University College at UMass Boston.
- Victoria Reggie Kennedy Speaks on Influencing Public Policy: The Role of Midlife and Older Women
Guest lecture at the JFK Library sponsored by McCormack Graduate School's Gerontology Institute and the Eastern Massachusetts Chapter of OWL (Older Women's League).
- Chancellor Motley, Elizabeth Warren Speak at UMass Boston’s Fall Convocation
Chancellor Motley focuses on the theme of community; Elizabeth Warren shares her story of perseverance.
- UMass Boston Hosts Events & Volunteer Opportunities in Honor of 9/11
UMass Boston is remembering September 11, 2001 through reflection and service.
- WUMB Radio One of 76 Organizations to Receive a Big Read Grant
The University of Massachusetts Boston’s public radio station, WUMB-FM has been selected to receive a $17,000 grant from the National Endowment of the Arts (NEA) to again bring The Big Read to Boston residents.
- UMass Boston Chancellor Elected to Lead Carney Hospital’s Board of Trustees
University of Massachusetts Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley has been elected chairman of Carney Hospital's Board of Trustees.
- Dr. Muriel Howard Delivers 2011 UMass Boston Commencement Address
Outgoing UMass President Jack Wilson was awarded a surprise Chancellor's Medal at his last commencement at the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- IDEAS Boston Finds New Home at UMass Boston
An economist who explored how the world’s poor live on $2 a day. and the host of a PBS kids show are just a two of this year's IDEAS Boston speakers.
- UMass Boston Honors SBLI President & CEO Robert Sheridan
Robert Sheridan was honored with the Chancellor's Medal for Exemplary Leadership, the university's highest honor, at its seventh annual Scholarship Gala.
- UMass Boston Named in Princeton Review’s Top ‘Green Colleges’ Guide for Second Time
For the second year in a row, UMass Boston has been named in The Princeton Review's Guide to 311 Green Colleges for its commitment to sustainability.
- IDEAS Boston Moves to UMass Boston
The annual forum that brings leading-edge thinkers and innovators together is scheduled for Oct. 20 at its new, permanent home at the UMass Boston.
- EMK Institute Holds Groundbreaking on UMass Boston Campus
Construction of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate on the University of Massachusetts Boston campus is under way.
- UMass Boston Honors Housing Advocate with Quinn Award at 25th Annual Community Breakfast
Chancellor J. Keith Motley awarded East Boston resident Mossik Hacobian with the Robert H. Quinn Award for Outstanding Community Leadership.
- UMass Boston to Establish New Center for Community Democracy and Democratic Literacy
The new Center for Community Democracy and Democratic Literacy will be located in the John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies at UMass Boston.
- UMass Boston-Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center Partnership Receives $13.7 Million
The UMass Boston-Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center comprehensive cancer partnership program has been awarded a $13.7 million, five-year grant.
- Professor Shaun O’Connell Presents an Evolving Vision of Boston through Literature
UMass Boston Professor of English Shaun O’Connell's interpretive anthology looks at the evolving vision of Boston in the last four centuries.
- For Students, Media Matters at UMass Boston
Hundreds of students across Massachusetts got the chance to learn writing and photography tips from the top professionals in the field at Media Matters.
- Luncheon Celebrates Faculty Success in Research, Innovation, Scholarship, and Creativity
More than 200 faculty, researchers, staff, and students attended a lunch which celebrated faculty success in research, innovation, and creativity.