Tag: Center For Social Policy
- UMass Boston’s Policy School Showcases Community Partnerships
At recent UMass Boston event, McCormack Grad School showcases their community engagement activities.
- Breaking the Silence of Extreme Poverty: Katrina Survivors Share their Stories
Center for Social Policy book launch for Not Meant to Live Like This: Weathering the Storm of Our Lives in New Orleans
- Women and Hunger: Putting Food on the Table
Center for Women in Politics and Center for Social Policy support event at Simmons College featuring Professor Randy Albelda as guest speaker.
- CSP Offers New Internship for Research and Evaluation on Eradication of Poverty
Center for Social Policy launches Elaine Werby Public Service Internship for UMass Boston student interested in poverty reduction.
- CSP Study Suggests Employers Find Distinct Value in Meeting Labor Needs through Alternative Staffing
Center for Social Policy issues final report on Alternate Staffing Demonstration Project
- MGS Poverty Policy Experts to Speak at Carter Center on Post-Katrina Disaster Relief Issues
Friedman and Tripp will deliver keynote address on constituent involvement at "Not Meant to Live Like This" conference
- CSP Study Highlights Strategies for Linking Temporary Workers with Skills Training
A new paper suggests that an alternative model of temporary staffing programs not only helps workers obtain jobs, but also offers them important pathways to gaining the skills that employers are seeking.
- Public Service Internship Named in Honor of Elaine Werby
Center for Social Policy honors colleague for untiring commitment to mentor students
- Center for Social Policy Celebrates Anniversary Honoring Leaders for Economic and Social Justice
UMass Boston social policy think tank celebrates twenty years of poverty policy research and evaluation
- Commissioned Research Informs Eos Foundation’s Forthcoming Anti-hunger Initiative
MGS Center for Social Policy researches participation in breakfast and school lunch in Massachusetts.
- Center for Social Policy Honors Julia Tripp: From Homeless to Poverty Policy Advisor
Constituent Advisory Group Coordinator helps give voice to those living in poverty and recognizes its transformative power.
- U.S. Rep. Frank to be Honored at Center for Social Policy Gala
University of Massachusetts Boston Think Tank Celebrating 20th Anniversary
- Employment Outcomes, Impacts of Alternative Staffing Programs Detailed in New CSP Research
Center for Social Policy assesses employment outcomes for participants of four Alternative Staffing Organizations
- New Research Observes Trends in Hour Levels for Retail Workers in North America
New Center for Social Policy Study: Variable and part-time work hours mean low job quality for U.S retail workers
- Center for Social Policy Plans 20th Anniversary: Honoring Leaders in Economic and Social Justice
Fundraiser and celebration scheduled for October 17, 2012
- Center for Social Policy 20th Anniversary Celebration
Join us to celebrate two decades of applied people-centered research honing the tools to fight poverty and its consequences
- CSP Research Director Françoise Carré Invited to Join GESTES
Responsibilities to include academic review and advice for research projects and conferences
- Hendrik Wagenaar: “Understanding Prostitution Policy”
The Center for Social Policy is sponsoring this event, along with the McCormack Graduate School, the Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy, and the Gerontology Institute.
- Professor Randy Albelda Receives Ford Foundation Grant
Professo Albelda receives grant to research linking youth development with parents’ low-wage work
- Center for Social Policy Takes on Role in Fairmount Corridor Improvements
The Boston Foundation has awarded the Center for Social Policy a $500,000 grant for their watchdog project, “People and Place: Understanding the Processes, Outc
- Center for Social Policy Rewriting Boston Anti-Poverty Strategy
As part of a five-year partnership, the Boston Foundation awarded the CSP an annual $100,000 grant to identify policies that keep low-income workers in poverty.