- CLA Junior Faculty Colloquium: Studying How Babies Learn Words
CLA JFC Presents: Assistant Professor of Psychology Mohinish Shukla
- Board of Higher Education Approves PhD in Global Governance and Human Security
The newly approved program has begun accepting applications and expects to welcome its first cohort of students in September 2012.
- Career Symposium
Alumni with degrees in the liberal arts will return to campus to share with students how they shaped their career paths and ended up in their current roles.
- UMass Boston Students Selected for Latino Leadership Initiative
Four University of Massachusetts Boston students have been selected to participate in the second annual Latino Leadership Initiative.
- Public Universities and the Public Sphere: Justifying State Support for Higher Education
In his new book, Professor of History Woodruff Smith argues that two contemporary crises facing America are closely connected.
- New Master’s Track Brings History to the People
A new public history track in the master’s in history program focuses on presenting history to all, not just to other historians.
- Local Portuguese Speakers Celebrate Launch of Center for Portuguese Language
A reception was held March 25, 2010 to celebrate the official inauguration of the Center for Portuguese Language-Instituto Camões.