- Social Media: What’s Next?
Businesses need to identify social media trends early and devise a strategy accordingly. Join UMass Boston and experts from Google, HubSpot, and others to learn about the future of social media.
- College of Management Ranked Best for Vets
Military Times has recognized UMass Boston's College of Management as a top school for veterans.
- Management Students Develop Ideas for Promoting Arts, Businesses in Upham’s Corner
Undergraduate students have developed ideas for promoting the arts and bringing businesses to Dorchester's Upham's Corner neighborhood. The university's partnership with Upham's Corner Main Street is one of more than 300.
- UMass Boston Paves Way for Student Exchanges with Britain’s Plymouth University
Students in the University of Massachusetts Boston’s College of Management will soon have the opportunity to study in the United Kingdom, thanks to a memorandum of understanding signed Friday between the college and Plymouth University’s Plymouth Business School.
- College of Management Graduate Students Place in Alpha Boston Equity Pitch Challenge
Four teams were chosen as finalists and after presenting their research report on McCormick & Co (NYSE MKC), UMass Boston's College of Management team placed second in the competition.
- Emerging Leaders Offer Solutions to Businesses, Nonprofits
The 2012 fellows in the Center for Collaborative Leadership’s Emerging Leaders Program focused on communications efforts for their community partners.
- College of Management Featured in The Princeton Review’s “Best 296 Business Schools: 2013 Edition”
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston is an outstanding business school, according to The Princeton Review.
- Johnny Cupcakes Founder to Share Recipe for Success
UMass Boston's College of Management will host Johnny Earle, aka Johnny Cupcakes, on September 19, as he gives a free lecture on how he created a multimillion-dollar brand.
- Management Students Spend Summer Exploring Business Opportunities in China
As part of a University College course, UMass Boston students met with a host of top Chinese business executives during a two-week trip to China.
- College of Management Presents Johnny Cupcakes
Come hear Johnny Earle, aka Johnny Cupcakes, tell the story of how he turned a simple idea into a multimillion-dollar business using nontraditional methods.
- Accounting, Finance & Business Career Fair
Don't miss this opportunity to network with employers from all areas of business! Special thanks to our employer sponsors: Sherwin-Williams, Enterprise Holdings, and Newburg & Company, LLP!
- 2012 Business Launch Competition Award Ceremony
Watch as the winner of the Entrepreneurship Center's second-annual Business Launch Competition receives $20,000 in prizes.
- Second Annual Business Launch Competition Offers $22K in Prizes
This year, the winner of the Business Launch Competition will receive $20,000 in prizes, almost double last year’s prize amount. Applications will be accepted through February 28.
- Visit UMass Boston’s College of Management at The Economist’s Which MBA? Online Fair
Are you interested in an MBA? Visit UMass Boston's College of Management at The Economist's Which MBA Online Fair to learn more about our programs.
- The College of Management Announces New PhD Program in Business Administration
The College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston is pleased to announce the opening to the first track, Organizations and Social Change, of a new PhD program in Business Administration.
- Board of Higher Education Approves PhD in Global Governance and Human Security
The newly approved program has begun accepting applications and expects to welcome its first cohort of students in September 2012.
- UMass Boston Students Assist Girl Scouts Through Social Media
Students in the College of Management developed a social media strategy for the Girl Scouts organization in a Boston-wide social media competition.
- Changing the Face of Leadership
Emerging Leaders Program Black Tie Gala
- Accounting, Finance, and Business Career Fair
Professional dress required, bring copies of your resume. Sign up in advance under “Career Fairs & Events” on My Career Online.
- Professor Werner Kunz Receives Outstanding Paper Award
Assistant Professor of Marketing Werner Kunz’s 2010 MSQ article received the Emerald Literati Network's Outstanding Paper Award.
- Center for Collaborative Leadership Founding Director to Earn Achievement Award
The Boston Business Journal is honoring Sherry Penney with a lifetime achievement award at its Leaders in Diversity event.
- UMass Boston Students Selected for Latino Leadership Initiative
Four University of Massachusetts Boston students have been selected to participate in the second annual Latino Leadership Initiative.
- Student CEOs Win Cash, Legal Assistance at UMass Boston
Michael Emery and Kevin Schoenthaler are the first winners of the UMass Boston Entrepreneurship Center’s Business Launch Competition.
- UMass Boston Student-run Startups Compete for Money, Expert Help in Launching Businesses
A dozen student-based startup companies are competing in the first ever Business Launch Competition hosted by the College of Management's Entrepreneurship Center.
- CM’s New Entrepreneurship Center to Help Build the Businesses of Tomorrow
UMass Boston's Entrepreneurship Center makes the school a one-stop destination for entrepreneurs looking to take their business concepts from idea to reality.
- New Center to Develop “Green-and-White-Collar” Job Training
Professional training in the growing field of green business will be administered through the Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness.