Tag: College Of Nursing And Health Sciences
- UMass Boston Students Show Bravery Amid Chaos at Marathon
Marathon Monday started with bright smiles for the UMass Boston students who volunteered to be members of a medical "sweep team" for runners in distress. When tragedy struck, theirs became a story of bravery amid chaos
- New Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences Ready to Listen and Lead
Anahid Kulwicki's background is in health disparities research, which is a burgeoning area of focus for UMass Boston.
- JFK Award Winner Defies Obstacles
2011 JFK Award Winner Alia MacPherson defies obstacles: She was forced to quit high school and begin working two jobs to help support her family.
- Exercise and Health Sciences Faculty and Students Help Children with Disabilities at YMCA
Students are participating in All Abilities Active, a physical activity program for children with physical, intellectual, and sensory disabilities.
- UMass Boston Study Finds Active Video Games Can Help Kids Burn Calories
Active video games like Dance Dance Revolution and Nintendo Wii Boxing can help kids burn calories while having fun at the same time, a UMass Boston study says.