- UMass Boston Student Alyssa Trinidad Among “29 Who Shine” in 2013
Alyssa Trinidad, a management major from Winthrop, is the “29 Who Shine” award winner from the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- James Gustave Speth to Deliver 2013 UMass Boston Commencement Address
Chancellor J. Keith Motley has announced that James Gustave “Gus” Speth, co-founder of the Natural Resources Defense Council and the World Resources Institute, will deliver the principal address at the University of Massachusetts Boston’s 45th commencement ceremonies on Friday, May 31, 2013.
- UMass Boston Graduates Urged to Lead at 44th Commencement Ceremony
More than 3,800 students received degrees, making them the largest graduating class in university history.
- JFK Award Winner Tells Fellow Graduates to ‘Be the Change’
Social psychology major Albert Chen is this year's John F. Kennedy Award winner — the highest honor given to a UMass Boston undergraduate student.
- University College Confers First Degrees and Certificates at Commencement
This year's 44th Commencement at UMass Boston marked a milestone for University College (UC) as it conferred honors on its first graduates.
- UMass Boston Commencement 2012: By the Numbers
Get the statistical breakdown on the university's biggest day of the year.
- Four Extraordinary Faculty Earn Chancellor’s Awards
Four UMass Boston faculty members were honored at commencement June 1 with the annual Chancellor’s Awards for Distinguished Teaching, Scholarship, and Service.
- Stories from UMass Boston’s 44th Commencement
Read what UMass Boston graduates had to say on their commencement day.
- Former UN Under-Secretary-General Speaks at UMass Boston’s 44th Commencement
Chancellor J. Keith Motley announced that Ambassador Anwarul Karim Chowdhury, a former president of the United Nations (UN) Security Council, delivered the principal address at the University of Massachusetts Boston’s 44th commencement ceremonies on Friday, June 1.
- JFK Winner Albert Chen’s Speech at UMass Boston’s 44th Commencement
This is the text of JFK Award Winner Albert Chen's speech to the University of Massachusetts Boston's Class of 2012.
- UMass Boston to Celebrate 44th Commencement on June 1
UMass Boston’s Campus Center lawn will be transformed into a stage for the largest event of the year, as more than 3,800 students receive their degrees.
- Graduates Encouraged to Make a Difference at 43rd Commencement Ceremony
The work has just begun for UMass Boston's Class of 2011. That was the message principal speaker Dr. Muriel Howard delivered.
- JFK Winner Alia MacPherson’s Speech at UMass Boston’s 43rd Commencement
This is the text of JFK Award Winner Alia MacPherson's speech to the University of Massachusetts Boston's Class of 2011.
- Dr. Muriel Howard Delivers 2011 UMass Boston Commencement Address
Outgoing UMass President Jack Wilson was awarded a surprise Chancellor's Medal at his last commencement at the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- UMass Boston to Celebrate 43rd Commencement on June 3
Dr. Muriel Howard is the principal speaker for the University of Massachusetts Boston's 43rd Commencement ceremony.
- Dr. Muriel Howard to Deliver 2011 UMass Boston Commencement Address
Dr. Muriel Howard, president of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, will deliver the principal address for Commencement 2011.
- Chancellor Delivers Honorary Degree to Buddhist Leader, Cultivates International Ties
Chancellor J. Keith Motley and others from UMass Boston traveled to Tokyo to present an honorary degree to Buddhist leader and scholar Daisaku Ikeda.
- JFK Award Winner to Join the Battle against HIV/AIDS
Thao Xuan Do, the 34th JFK Award winner, was unable to speak any English when she came to America from Vietnam six years ago.
- Graduates Told to Celebrate Diversity, Make a Difference at 42nd Commencement Ceremony
Graduates hailing from as near as Dorchester and as far as Vietnam were told to embrace their diversity and strive to make a difference in their communities.