Tag: Conflict Resolution
- UMass Boston Faculty, Students, and Alumni Form Veterans’ Court Consortium
McCormack team joins local advocates to seek state funds to study alternative justice program for veterans.
- South African Activist Praises Response to Boston Marathon Bombings
Albie Sachs, an anti-apartheid activist, car bombing survivor, and one of the authors of South Africa’s constitution, praised the response of UMass Boston students following the Boston Marathon bombings.
- United Nations Climate Leader Christiana Figueres to Speak at UMass Boston
Christiana Figueres, the top United Nations leader on climate change, will speak at the University of Massachusetts Boston on April 24.
- UMass Boston’s Policy School Showcases Community Partnerships
At recent UMass Boston event, McCormack Grad School showcases their community engagement activities.
- From Climate Conflict to Climate Action: Capturing the Greatest Opportunities of Our Generation
Executive Secretary of UN Framework Convention on Climate Change presents annual Slomoff Lecture...also streamed live on day of event.
- Conflict Resolution Student Appointed to Key Public Affairs Job in Puerto Rico
Ricardo Ramos puts his conflict resolution graduate studies to work in San Juan's mayor's office.
- Conflict Resolution Student Attends Fulbright Conference on Afghan Social Entrepreneurship
Fulbright student Nasir Gord attended recent conference at Miami University.
- Conflict Resolution Master’s Projects Student Presentations
Students in the Conflict Resolution MA Program present their final projects at our final Spring 2013 Colloquium.
- Ultimate Peace: Using the Sport of Ultimate Frisbee to Unite Communities Divided by Conflict
Dr. David Barkan, PhD, Founder and CEO of Ultimate Peace, will speak at our second colloquium on his 30 year career dedicated to social change.
- Issues in Family Mediation: a talk by Jane Honoroff
Jane Honoroff, specialist in family mediation, opens the 2013 Conflict Resolution Colloquium Series
- Matz Shares Expertise on Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Resolution at Local Synagogue
MGS professor engages local Jewish community on peace process in Israel.
- Research Team Looks at Group Acknowledgement of Past Violence as Key to Breaking Cycles of Violence
MGS Assistant Professor Rezarta Bilali receives two grants to develop and test strategies to understand mass violence
- MGS Nigerian Expert Shares Insights with California High School Students Via Skype
Associate Professor Darren Kew shares expertise on conflict resolution and promoting democracy in Africa.
- Belle Abaya—Mother, Teacher, Hero (1952-2012)
Phillipinne national hero and Conflict Resolution Program alumna dies of cancer.
- MGS Recruitment Luncheon at Massachusetts State House
Learn more about our graduate programs in policy and global studies at this free luncheon recruitment event.
- Graduate Students with “Soft Hearts and Hard Heads” Converge for Conflict Studies Conference
This conference hosted by UMass Boston's Conflict Resolution Graduate Program brought together graduate students from a variety of fields to present their work and share ideas.
- Africa’s New Revolution: A Conversation with Gebreselaisse Yosief Tesfamichael
Listen to the former finance minister of Eritrea and former governor of the World Bank talk about the turmoil in Africa
- 2012 Mentoring Staff Award for Graduate Studies Goes to Roni Lipton
Because of her tireless devotion and the excellent mentoring and student support she provides, Lipton received the 2012 UMass Boston Mentoring Staff Award for Graduate Studies.
- MOPC Accepting Community Mediation Center Grant Applications until August 31st
The MA Office of Public Collaboration is accepting grant applications until August 31, 2012 to qualify and provide state operational funding to community mediation centers.
- Kew Testifies at D.C. Hearing: ‘U.S. Policy Toward Nigeria: West Africa’s Troubled Titan’
Darren Kew’s testimony titled “The Crisis in Christian-Muslim Relations in Nigeria “ was delivered on July 10 before the U.S. House Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, and Human Rights in Washington, D.C.
- Conflict Resolution Student Jillian Furman Earns Student Leadership Award
Master's degree candidate earns Beacon Leadership Award
- George Mitchell’s “Unshakable Belief in Peace” Evident at Recent Conflict Resolution Lecture
Mitchell delivers candid reflections on turmoil in the Middle East and its effect on U.S. policy.
- George J. Mitchell to Speak on Middle East Policy at UMass Boston
Former Senator George J. Mitchell will speak at UMass Boston on the “Turmoil in the Middle East and its Effect on U.S. Policy” on Tuesday, April 24, at 10 a.m. as part of the Sylvia and Benjamin Slomoff Lecture in Conflict Resolution.
- Rezarta Bilali Published in Peace and Conflict: Journal of Peace Psychology
Assistant Professor Bilali pens article on "Attributions of Responsibility and Perceived Harm in the Aftermath of Mass Violence."
- Board of Higher Education Approves PhD in Global Governance and Human Security
The newly approved program has begun accepting applications and expects to welcome its first cohort of students in September 2012.
- The Civilian Response Corps: Using conflict prevention expertise to inform decision makers ...
Conflict Resolution Colloquium IV with Maria J. Stephan, PhD, interagency planner with the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations
- McCormack Graduate School Recruitment Luncheon at State House
Learn about our graduate programs in conflict resolution, gerontology, public affairs, public policy and others.
- PhD Student Scholarly Dialogue: Conflict for Change in Nursing Practice
Our speaker this week is Joe Ann Fergus, PhD candidate and a graduate of UMass Boston's conflict resolution program.
- Fall 2011 Conflict Resolution Colloquia I
Translating Theory to Practice: A discussion with Joe-Ann Fergus, RN, BSN, MA, PhDc
- Nigerian Lawyers and Justices Come to UMass Boston to Explore Concepts of Restorative Justice
Eighteen lawyers and justices in Nigeria spent 10 days at UMass Boston and other locations in Massachusetts learning about restorative justice.