- McCormack Grad School Director Briefs Russian Delegation on Emergency Management
At Boston FEMA event, Professor Awotona shares expertise on post-disaster reconstruction with Russian ministers.
- Awotona Speaks at the National Conference on Science, Policy and the Environment
CRSCAD Director Adenrele Awotona lectures on disaster planning for urban slums at recent DC conference.
- Awotona’s Book on Post-Disaster Reconstruction Chosen as Critics’ Choice Book of the Month
CRSCAD director's edited collection receives accolades
- MGS Poverty Policy Experts to Speak at Carter Center on Post-Katrina Disaster Relief Issues
Friedman and Tripp will deliver keynote address on constituent involvement at "Not Meant to Live Like This" conference
- UMass Boston Hosts International Conference on Rebuilding China, Japan after Disasters
Learn best practices in reducing the socio-economic impact of disasters on vulnerable communities in China
- Disaster Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Sustainable Reconstruction Workshop
May 2014 international workshop explores the role of architectural, planning, and engineering education
- Book on Post-Disaster Recovery Published
Rebuilding Sustainable Communities with Vulnerable Populations after the Cameras Have Gone, a product of the Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters (CRSCAD) at University of Massachusetts Boston, was published Wednesday in the United Kingdom.
- Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters in China: Best Practices and Lessons Learned
Examine proven strategies to reduce the socio-economic impact of various forms of disasters on vulnerable communities in China.
- International Workshop Examines Post-Disaster Rebuilding in Japan and Global Social Vulnerabilities
The Japan earthquake took center stage at an international workshop hosted by the Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities After Disasters last month.
- Policy Leaders Worldwide Converge to Resolve Post-disaster Issues of Social Vulnerability
The Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters is sponsoring an international conference November 17-18, 2011.
- International Conference at UMass Boston Spotlights New Paradigm in Preparedness
UMass Boston sponsored an international conference on Rebuilding Sustainable Communities with the Elderly and Disabled People after Disasters in July.