- Women and Hunger: Putting Food on the Table
Center for Women in Politics and Center for Social Policy support event at Simmons College featuring Professor Randy Albelda as guest speaker.
- CSP Offers New Internship for Research and Evaluation on Eradication of Poverty
Center for Social Policy launches Elaine Werby Public Service Internship for UMass Boston student interested in poverty reduction.
- “Breaking the Silence of Extreme Poverty” Conference
Join us for this event cosponsored by the McCormack Graduate School's Center for Social Policy, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement.
- MGS Poverty Policy Experts to Speak at Carter Center on Post-Katrina Disaster Relief Issues
Friedman and Tripp will deliver keynote address on constituent involvement at "Not Meant to Live Like This" conference
- CSP Study Highlights Strategies for Linking Temporary Workers with Skills Training
A new paper suggests that an alternative model of temporary staffing programs not only helps workers obtain jobs, but also offers them important pathways to gaining the skills that employers are seeking.
- U.S. Rep. Frank to be Honored at Center for Social Policy Gala
University of Massachusetts Boston Think Tank Celebrating 20th Anniversary
- Study on the Rapid Re-Housing of MA Families Experiencing Homelessness
Study released by Center for Social Policy and the Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership
- Center for Social Policy 20th Anniversary Celebration
Join us to celebrate two decades of applied people-centered research honing the tools to fight poverty and its consequences
- Center for Social Policy Report Suggests Modernizing Anti-poverty Programs
Center for Social Policy Senior Research Fellow Randy Albelda's research shows low-income workers are falling through the cracks.
- Study by CSP Research Director Françoise Carré Shows Staffing Model Helps Low-Income Workers Succeed
The Center for Social Policy's unique take on the temporary staffing model is providing some low-income workers with an effective entry point into the labor market, while meeting the needs of employers.
- CSP Research Director Françoise Carré Invited to Join GESTES
Responsibilities to include academic review and advice for research projects and conferences
- Hendrik Wagenaar: “Understanding Prostitution Policy”
The Center for Social Policy is sponsoring this event, along with the McCormack Graduate School, the Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy, and the Gerontology Institute.
- Center for Social Policy Takes on Role in Fairmount Corridor Improvements
The Boston Foundation has awarded the Center for Social Policy a $500,000 grant for their watchdog project, “People and Place: Understanding the Processes, Outc
- Center for Social Policy Rewriting Boston Anti-Poverty Strategy
As part of a five-year partnership, the Boston Foundation awarded the CSP an annual $100,000 grant to identify policies that keep low-income workers in poverty.