Tag: Gaston Institute
- Expert on Hispanic Catholicism to Speak at UMass Boston
As Catholics around the world celebrate Lent, a season of sacrifice and self-evaluation, the Gastón Institute at the University of Massachusetts Boston will host a lecture by Hosffman Ospino, a leading expert on the intersection of Catholicism and Latino culture.
- Professor Siqueira Speaks at the 2nd Semana de Saúde Coletiva in Brazil
Professor Eduardo Siqueira participated as a speaker at the 2nd Semana de Saúde Coletiva in Mato Grosso, Brazil in November.
- Iwariwë Exhibit Comes to the Healey Library
UMass Boston will house an Iwariwë: The Origin of Fire Amongst Men, an exhibit recounting the arrival of fire among the Yanomami people, through Friday, September 28 on the fifth floor of the Healey Library.
- Eduardo Siqueira travels to North Carolina to meet with the NIOSH and NIEHS
The Associate Director for Research at the Gastón Institute was invited to North Carolina by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, to discuss a curriculum for Occupational Health Disparities.
- Gastón Institute Sends Delegation of Students, Research Associates to National Latino Conference
The Mauricio Gastón Institute for Latino Community Development and Public Policy is sending research associates and students to a conference in New York City.
- Wheelock College’s Presidential International Visiting Scholar: Miren Uriarte
Miren Uriarte, Gastón Institute's Founder and Senior Research Associate, will speak about her research "English Language Learners: Identifying Success in the Boston Public Schools"