- Faculty Spotlight
Management of Aging Services Professor Joan Hyde shares her experience in aging services.
- Catching up with Gerontology Alumni
Interview with 2012 Management of Aging Services graduate Emily Judd.
- UMass Boston’s Policy School Showcases Community Partnerships
At recent UMass Boston event, McCormack Grad School showcases their community engagement activities.
- Gerontology Honor Society Event at UMass Boston Steers Students Toward Booming Aging Industry
Students in the Gamma Upsilon chapter of Sigma Phi Omega national gerontology honor society hold Careers in Aging event.
- Gerontology Alumnus Explains How to Bridge the Gap Between Researcher and Policymaker
James Bulot, PhD tells students to become a policy maven to understand and straddle both worlds
- Turkish University Names Library After UMass Boston Gerontology Director
For Nina Silverstein, director of the undergraduate gerontology certificate programs at UMass Boston, an out-of-the-blue email in 2006 sparked a long-running professional partnership.
- Careers in Aging Event: Career Panel and Luncheon
UMass Boston welcomes prospective students and others interested in the booming aging industry to this free event on April 8.
- UMass Boston to Hold Careers in Aging Event on April 8
Nationwide events during Careers in Aging Week will steer students toward booming aging industry.
- Gerontology Student Wins Top Prize at AGHE Meeting
UMass Boston Gerontology PhD student Kristen Porter won the top prize at the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education annual conference.
- Financial Well-Being across the Cancer Continuum
Join Harvard's Tucker-Seeley for this Gerontology Speaker series event.
- OLLI Provides Life-Enrichment Opportunities for Older Adults
The spring 2013 catalog offers members a wide choice of courses, trips, video conferences, and much more.
- UMass Boston Alumna Named as Gerontological Society Fellow
McCormack Graduate School alumna Kristen Corazzini, PhD is honored for her contributions to the field of gerontology.
- UMass Boston Professor Jeffrey Burr Named Editor-in-Chief of Research on Aging
McCormack Graduate School professor of gerontology to edit leading social science journal on aging
- CPCS Alumni Reflect on Past, Look Ahead to Future
The College of Public and Community Service's alumni reception was a chance for Interim Dean Anna Madison to tell alumni about the college’s current offerings and future plans.
- Gerontology Professor Edits Book Assessing Affordable Care Act
Edward MIller's book reviews ACA's potential efficacy and impact on the aging population in US.
- Gerontology Institute to House Center for Social and Demographic Research on Aging
MGS opens new center to expand demographic and applied research capacity on aging issues.
- Gerontology Institute Conducts Needs Assessments in Two Local Communities
MGS faculty and student researchers evaluate aging-related needs in Hingham and Cohasset.
- MGS Recruitment Luncheon at Massachusetts State House
Learn more about our graduate programs in policy and global studies at this free luncheon recruitment event.
- Late-Breaking Aging Research
Sigma Phi Omega, the national honor society in gerontology, hosts this brown bag event at McCormack Grad School.
- Caro Recognized as One of the First Researchers to Devote Serious Attention to Productive Aging
Alternatives that allow people to remain at home and in their communities as long as possible have been a long-standing interest for Frank Caro.
- MGS Faculty, Students, and Alums Provide Stimulating Lifelong Learning for OLLI Members
Members of the McCormack Graduate School community offer a wide array of courses this fall
- Miller Named as Fellow of Gerontological Society of America
MGS' Edward Miller honored as fellow in nation's largest organization devoted to the study of aging.
- Mayor Menino to Declare Thursday College of Public and Community Service Day in Boston
Boston Mayor and College of Public and Community Service alumnus Thomas Menino will declare Thursday, April 26 College of Public and Community Service Day in Boston, the same day the college will host a showcase of its four undergraduate programs and master’s program in human services.
- CPCS Spring Showcase
The faculty, staff, and students of the College of Public and Community Service invite faculty to celebrate their 40th year.
- Multicultural Coalition on Aging: 2012 Professional Conference
The goal of this conference is to educate service providers serving diverse elders on the Affordable Care Act and its potential impact on service delivery.
- Alumna Bei Wu Presents Guest Lecture on Aging and Oral Health
Gerontology PhD Alum lectures on “Aging, Race/Ethnicity, and Oral Health in the U.S.”
- Gerontology Institute Releases National Elder Index
The Gerontology Institute at the University of Massachusetts Boston announces the release of the national Elder Economic Security Standard Index database.
- New England Pension Assistance Project Hits the $40 Million Mark
The New England Pension Assistance Project recently celebrated a significant milestone: helping 5,800 people recover $40 million in pension income since 1994.
- Lecture: Aging, Race/Ethnicity, and Oral Health in the U.S.
Gerontology Institute Colloquium series hosts Bei Wu, PhD
- Lecture: Advances in Palliative Care
Gerontology Institute Colloquium Series hosts Jane Givens, MD
- Lecture: The ACTIVE Study: 10-Year Follow-Up Results
Gerontology Institute Colloquium Series hosts Sharon Tennstedt, PhD
- Lecture: Update on Home Healthcare Research
Gerontology Institute Colloquium Series hosts Carol Ellenbecker, PhD.
- McCormack Graduate School Recruitment Luncheon at State House
Learn about our graduate programs in conflict resolution, gerontology, public affairs, public policy and others.
- Lillian Glickman Receives Frank J. Manning Leadership Award
The Massachusetts Association of Older Americans, Inc. will be honoring Lillian Glickman, co-director of the Gerontology Management of Aging Services Program at their Annual Meeting on October 21st with the Frank J. Manning Leadership Award.
- UMass Boston Gerontology Students Participate in Memory Walk
UMass Boston Gerontology students raise money for Alzheimer's Association by participating in the annual Memory Walk.
- Summer Internships
UMass Boston Gerontology Students are doing internships on interesting topics in interesting places this summer.
- International Conference at UMass Boston Spotlights New Paradigm in Preparedness
UMass Boston sponsored an international conference on Rebuilding Sustainable Communities with the Elderly and Disabled People after Disasters in July.
- Gerontology Doctoral Student Receives Prestigious Fellowship
Kim Johnson is the first UMass Boston student to be named a Hartford Doctoral Fellow in Geriatric Social Work.