Tag: Gerontology Institute
- UMass Boston Only School to Manage Two Journals on Aging
Journal on Aging & Social Policy and Research on Aging are edited by faculty and staff at McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies.
- Same Sex Marriage: Implications for Policymaking and Older Adults
Ellen Bruce, JD will present facts, procedure, and arguments as well as lead a community discussion on these pending Supreme Court cases.
- Careers in Aging Event: Career Panel and Luncheon
UMass Boston welcomes prospective students and others interested in the booming aging industry to this free event on April 8.
- OLLI Provides Life-Enrichment Opportunities for Older Adults
The spring 2013 catalog offers members a wide choice of courses, trips, video conferences, and much more.
- UMass Boston Researchers Develop New Tool to Measure Elder Economics
"Poverty level" doesn't tell the whole story, so researchers have devised a new way to measure the income older Americans require to meet their needs.
- Many Elders Cannot Meet Housing and Health Care Needs with Social Security Benefits Alone
Gerontology Institute develops new tool to measure income adequacy and issues National Elder Economic Security Report.
- UMass Boston Professor Jeffrey Burr Named Editor-in-Chief of Research on Aging
McCormack Graduate School professor of gerontology to edit leading social science journal on aging
- McCormack Graduate School Well Represented at National Gerontology Conference
Faculty and PhD students present more than 20 papers and posters at annual scientific conference.
- Gerontology Institute to House Center for Social and Demographic Research on Aging
MGS opens new center to expand demographic and applied research capacity on aging issues.
- Gerontology Institute Conducts Needs Assessments in Two Local Communities
MGS faculty and student researchers evaluate aging-related needs in Hingham and Cohasset.
- At MGS Event, Rep. Wolf Tells Women: “You Have the Numbers to Make a Difference in Politics”
Alice Woolf shared her perspectives at recent Center for Women in Politics and Gerontology Institute sponsored event.
- Gerontology Institute Leading Healthy Aging Research in Massachusetts for the Tufts Health Plan
Associate Professor Elizabeth Dugan leads new grant project at McCormack Graduate School
- Women: Your Power, Your Issues, Your Election
Representative Alice K. Wolf is featured speaker at event co-sponsored by Gerontology Institute
- For Professor Emeritus Frank Caro, Retirement Includes More Time for Research and Community Service
Although he retired four years ago, rest and relaxation often take a back seat to more research and service activities.
- Sandwiched Between Aging Parents and Boomerang Kids in Two Cohorts of American Women
Please join us for this Gerontology Institute guest lecture on December 3 at 1 p.m.
- How Poor Financial Risk Management Destroyed Older Households’ Wealth & What Policy Can Do About It
Join Professor Christian Weller for this Gerontology Institute colloquium on November 5 at 1 p.m.
- Future Directions in Preventing Late-Life Disability
Please join us for this Gerontology Institute guest lecture on September 17 at 1 PM
- Pension Action Center Expands to Illinois
The Pension Action Center of the Gerontology Institute at the University of Massachusetts Boston has received a grant from The Retirement Research Foundation to expand its pension counseling services to Illinois.
- Gerontology Institute Publishes Special Journal of Aging & Social Policy on Health Care Reform
Special issue devoted to the topics of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, long-term care, and elders.
- Victoria Reggie Kennedy Speaks on Influencing Public Policy: The Role of Midlife and Older Women
Guest lecture at the JFK Library sponsored by McCormack Graduate School's Gerontology Institute and the Eastern Massachusetts Chapter of OWL (Older Women's League).