- Integrated Sciences Complex Project Commended for Workplace Diversity
The work underway on the University of Massachusetts Boston’s Integrated Sciences Complex has been cited in a new manual aimed at ensuring construction owners, managers, contractors, and building trade unions have a diverse workforce.
- Steel Skeleton Arises at Edward M. Kennedy Site
The steel skeleton of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate continues to rise above parking lot A. Meanwhile, crews have started installing granite, limestone, and glass on the exterior wall of the Integrated Sciences Complex.
- New Transportation Services Coming and Construction Happenings
As UMass Boston students settle in for the start of the fall semester, they will notice some of the exciting changes going on around campus.
- Sign Up for a Campus Construction Lunch and Learn
Join the Construction Impact and Awareness Advisory Committee for a free pizza lunch and learn about the latest on campus construction projects.
- UMass Boston Tops Off Integrated Sciences Complex Construction
UMass Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley marked a milestone in the construction phase of the Integrated Sciences Complex with a topping off ceremony.
- UMass Boston Community Invited to Sign ISC Steel Beam Before Topping Off Ceremony
Come out and sign the beam between 8 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. on Thursday, February 16.
- ISC Topping Off Ceremony Set for Thursday
UMass Boston students, staff, and faculty are invited to sign a steel beam in advance of the “topping off” ceremony for the Integrated Sciences Complex, February 16, 2012 at 1:30 p.m.
- Preparing to Place ISC Floor Slabs
Crews are wrapping the Integrated Sciences Complex frame to prepare for a concrete placement in the north wing scheduled for the week of February 13, 2012.
- Bayside Parking to Open Mornings for Semester Start
The former Bayside Exposition site be open for parking beginning January 23, 2012. A free, dedicated shuttle, the Route 3 bus, will take students and staff to the Campus Center.
- ISC Steel Arising
A second crane will arrive later this week to begin erecting steel on the east wing of the Integrated Sciences Complex.
- Steel for the Holidays
Structural steel for the Integrated Sciences Complex will arrive on December 21, 2011 from Novel Iron Works in Greenland, New Hampshire.
- ISC Utility and Tunnel Installation Continue
Utility and tunnel work are underway at the Integrated Sciences Complex. Bricks are being installed on the façade of the university's new switchgear building.
- Quinn Roadway Shifts Lanes Next Week, Will Close for the Following Week
In order to complete utility plant waterproofing and roadway work for the winter, crews will need to close the Quinn roadway from Monday, November 7, to Monday, November 14, 2011.
- Road, Parking Changes
The Quinn roadway will be reduced to one lane for about two weeks while crews dig a trench for utilities. There will be more than 100 fewer parking spaces in Lot A beginning October 17, 2011.
- More ISC Soil Trucked
The Division of Capital Asset Management and Walsh Brothers will once again truck soil from the ISC site to a disposal site in Berlin, Mass.
- UMass Boston Breaks Ground on $155 Million Integrated Sciences Complex
Construction is under way on UMass Boston's first new academic building since 1974, the Integrated Sciences Complex (ISC), a home for research and innovation.