Tag: Labor Resource Center
- Undocumented & Unafraid
Join UMass Boston's Labor Resource Center for a conversation about the UCLA Labor Center publication that captures the voices of the Dream Act Movement.
- Integrated Sciences Complex Project Commended for Workplace Diversity
The work underway on the University of Massachusetts Boston’s Integrated Sciences Complex has been cited in a new manual aimed at ensuring construction owners, managers, contractors, and building trade unions have a diverse workforce.
- Photography Workshop with Award-winning Photographer Peter Pereira
Join the Harbor Gallery and the Labor Resource Center for a workshop with award-winning photographer Peter Pereira.
- Work in Progress: Workers See Themselves Through a New Lens
The work of UMass Dartmouth Labor Resource Center students will be featured in the University of Massachusetts Boston's Harbor Gallery from October 28 to November 29.
- Jeff Biggers, author of “State out of the Union”
Come Discuss the In-Depth Study of the so-called "Immigration Crisis" in Arizona with acclaimed journalist and commentator, Jeff Biggers
- Thinking Big/Moving Forward Spring Breakfast Seminar
We're excited to be featuring the research of Paul Osterman from his recent book, Good Jobs America: Making Work Better for Everyone, at the Labor Resource Center's upcoming breakfast seminar.
- UMass Boston Report Documents Continued Obstacles for Women in Building Trades
Women make up only 2.7 percent of the construction trades workforce in the U.S., according to a report issued by the Labor Resource Center and Center for Women in Politics & Public Policy.
- UMass Boston Holds First Labor-Neighbor Breakfast
Union representatives, city and state legislators, and labor students and researchers came together for the first UMass Boston Labor-Neighbor Breakfast.