- Leadership in Sports: Boston Celtics Captain Paul Pierce Speaks on Campus
The Undergraduate Student Government and the Division of Athletics and Recreation, Special Projects and Programs is bringing Paul Pierce to campus as part of the Leadership in Sports series.
- Celtics Captain Paul Pierce to Speak on Campus Thursday
Boston Celtics captain Paul Pierce is coming to UMass Boston on Thursday to speak to students about leadership in sports. He will be joined by Tara Mardigan, a nutritionist for the Boston Red Sox, and Bob Ryan, a columnist emeritus at The Boston Globe.
- Emerging Leaders Offer Solutions to Businesses, Nonprofits
The 2012 fellows in the Center for Collaborative Leadership’s Emerging Leaders Program focused on communications efforts for their community partners.
- UMass Boston Students to Expand Leadership Skills at Conference
Five University of Massachusetts Boston students will begin a weeklong intensive leadership program on Saturday.
- Conflict Resolution Student Jillian Furman Earns Student Leadership Award
Master's degree candidate earns Beacon Leadership Award
- Sisters Rising
Asian American Women Leaders in the Community; Trailblazers share stories of their experiences as community leaders.
- The Political Leadership of Women of Color: What’s Research Got to Do with It?
Join in a conversation with community leaders engaged in research about the advancement of women of color in politics.
- Student Leadership Conference: Accidental Leadership: The Evolution of You
The Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement's interactive conference will help you discover your leadership style and provide tools to be the leader already within you.
- Hardy-Fanta Interviews America Ferrera at Women’s Leadership Initiative Event
Award-winning actress discusses how race and class have affected her career and level of success
- Dialogue & Discussion Series: Cultural Mythbusters
Is our impression of cultural oppression accurate? Listen to first-hand experiences followed by facilitated discussion. The Women's Leadership Initiative is sponsoring this event.
- Dialogue & Discussion Series: Motherhood: A Balancing Act
The Women's Leadership Initiative is sponsoring a facilitated discussion aimed at de-stigmatizing motherhood on the college campus.
- Dialogue & Discussion Series: Women’s Leadership Symposium
The Women's Leadership Initiative is sponsoring a symposium featuring speakers discussing women and empowerment.
- Dialogue & Discussion Series: Women & Media
The Women's Leadership Initiative, part of the Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement, is sponsoring a screening of the documentary Miss Representation.
- Women’s Leadership Initiative Kick off Featuring America Ferrera
Join Ugly Betty star America Ferrera as she discusses how race and class have affected her career and level of success.
- Chancellor Motley Named to BBJ’s Power 50 List of Area Influencers
University of Massachusetts Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley has been named to the Boston Business Journal first Power 50 list of the region's most influential businesspeople in 2011. The members of the 2011 Power 50 will be recognized in a special supplement in the BBJ in October.
- Lillian Glickman Receives Frank J. Manning Leadership Award
The Massachusetts Association of Older Americans, Inc. will be honoring Lillian Glickman, co-director of the Gerontology Management of Aging Services Program at their Annual Meeting on October 21st with the Frank J. Manning Leadership Award.
- Center for Collaborative Leadership Founding Director to Earn Achievement Award
The Boston Business Journal is honoring Sherry Penney with a lifetime achievement award at its Leaders in Diversity event.
- Alumni Association’s $1 Million Gift Will Support Students, Cultivate Philanthropy
UMass Boston is receiving an unprecedented gift from its alumni: a commitment of $1 million to be used for scholarships, programs, and initiatives.
- UMass Boston Students Selected for Latino Leadership Initiative
Four University of Massachusetts Boston students have been selected to participate in the second annual Latino Leadership Initiative.
- National Council for Research on Women Honors the Center for Women in Politics & Public Policy
The National Council for Research on Women has presented its 2011 Lifetime Achievement Award to the Center for Women in Politics & Public Policy.
- Dr. Muriel Howard to Deliver 2011 UMass Boston Commencement Address
Dr. Muriel Howard, president of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, will deliver the principal address for Commencement 2011.
- UMass Boston Honors SBLI President & CEO Robert Sheridan
Robert Sheridan was honored with the Chancellor's Medal for Exemplary Leadership, the university's highest honor, at its seventh annual Scholarship Gala.
- UMass Boston Honors Robert Sheridan at Scholarship Gala
UMass Boston honored Robert K. Sheridan, president and CEO of Savings Bank Life Insurance, with the Chancellor's Medal for Exemplary Leadership at its Scholarship Gala.
- IDEAS Boston Moves to UMass Boston
The annual forum that brings leading-edge thinkers and innovators together is scheduled for Oct. 20 at its new, permanent home at the UMass Boston.
- UMass Boston Study Takes In-Depth Look at Midwifery Workforce in Massachusetts
A Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy report shows the number of nurse-midwife-attended births more than doubled between 1990 and 2008 in Massachusetts.
- UMass Boston Students Provide Organizational Structure to One of Boston’s Best Known Nonprofits
Professor Stephanie Hartwell's Foundations of Applied Sociology class are conducting a year-long program evaluation of one of the city’s best known nonprofits: the Louis D. Brown Peace Institute, based in Dorchester.
- Luncheon Celebrates Faculty Success in Research, Innovation, Scholarship, and Creativity
More than 200 faculty, researchers, staff, and students attended a lunch which celebrated faculty success in research, innovation, and creativity.
- UMass Boston Women’s Volleyball Captures Second Consecutive LEC Championship
The UMass Boston women’s volleyball team defeated Keene State College, 3-1, to capture the 2010 Little East Conference Championship.
- UMass Boston’s McCormack Graduate School of Policy Studies Undergoes Name Change
The John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy Studies has changed its name to the John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies.
- Chancellor Appoints University’s Board of Visitors
Chancellor Motley hand-picked local and national leaders from the for-profit, nonprofit, and private and public sectors to serve on the Board of Visitors.